Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reviewing contracts

I am looking for some advice. I am reviewing my contracts and I have one family which I originally let have 3 weeks holiday without fees. I would like to change this to any holiday in school holiday no fees and holidays outside school holidays full fees. Does this sound fair and how would you go about putting this to the parents? Can I just say this is my new terms or do they have to agree before I can change it?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

'Any holidays taken within local school holiday dates are free of charge. Holidays outside of these times are charged at full fee.'

I don't think you need their permission, you need them to sign the contract or that's the end of your business arrangement.

Also go to your local schools website which will have details of holiday upto next year, print out the dates, attach to contract and get them to sign it.

Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The parents didn't seem too impressed, not sure what to do now? I feel I am being fair as the norm seem to be full fees for child's holiday. I guess as it wasn't our original arrangement they have their right not to sign. What would I do then. I was thinking of asking for a compromise of half fees during all child's holiday at any time. Does that sound fair?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope someone comes to give you better advice because I'm not sure where you stand if they don't want to sign.

I'm guessing you'd have to still work a notice, which is annoying.

Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

They came back this morning and said they had discussed and were fine with it. Phew!