Parent not signing contract or permissions - Where do I stand?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parent not signing contract or permissions - Where do I stand?

Hello,

I have a parent who is registering her son. Both parents live together although mum has passed back the contract without the father’s details on nor any of his signatures and the permission forms not signed by him. Strangely she has placed him as a person she has nominated as who can collect the child?

Please can anyone advise on this? My stand is that if both parents are living together that they both should sign as any issues will leave me in a right pickle which I do not want.

Also in terms of EYFS is it not meant to be working with parents and parent partnership – how can I get right if he does not for the most part not be fully involved?

Do you think I could insist for both parents to sign?

Many thanks.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Whoever signs the contract is responsible for paying you, whilst it's a good idea if possible to get both parents to sign, I'm happy to accept one.
    Collecting the child is not the same as contracting for said child.

With regard to permissions, again only one parent needs to sign this, but if neither are doing then I'm afraid I wouldn't be accepting the child as I need permissions in place.

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm in northern ireland so probably no help to you but I dont have daddy's signature of all paperwork. As long as i have mummy's I havent worried but then we dont have Ofsted here

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of my contracts are only signed by mum which is fine by me but I have a separate form detailing parental responsibility and I MUST have details on there of anyone who has PR. Also my P&P's form HAS to be signed. It has a list of all my P&P's and at the bottom it says I have received a copy of the above policies and procedures. It doesn't matter whether they agree with them or not they are mine and if they don't agree then I won't work with them because there is nothing in there that they should have a problem with.

xxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Most of my contracts are only signed by 1 parent.

Hth

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of my contracts are signed by one parent, I suppose you could insist both sign but I never have.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

In all my time, I have only ever had one contract that was signed by both parents and had lots of parents that were together when their children were here

Sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here. Only had once where both parents signed. Usually only one.

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never had both parents sign contracts or permission slips-mind you, family I have now alternated who signed each permission form for some reason so some done by mum and some by dad!!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

the majority of my contracts and all forms are signed by just one parent.

I too have a set of forms filled in and signed by alternately mum & dad! I guess they divided the pile between them and went from there! plus they were filling some forms out for siblings, so 2 lots of food likes/dislike, all about me's etc!