First parent visit tomorrow and neediing some advice.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First parent visit tomorrow and neediing some advice.

I've got my first parent visit tomorrow and I'm very nervous about it. I'm a newly registered childminder and need some advice. What is the normal routine, what will they be expecting from me, do I give them any paperwork?

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    5/3/13
    Post Thanks / Like

My first visit was a bit of a disasater.... All I did was talk about my son...Looking back would be better to talk about what you would do with child...I set out toys age appropriate if the child is coming.

Ask lots of questions

I give my parents a basic info form about me until the decide they want to use me

good luck

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

I had toys out, remember to speak to the child too (it's easy to get caught up explaining stuff!), offer them a cuppa and show them around. Also, you are interviewing them too. You need to judge whether they're going to be people you can work with or not! Good luck and let us know how you get on!

jan 13
    Post Thanks / Like

The baby was adorable and I did make sure I made a fuss of him and gave him a cuddle. The mum was a childminder before so I felt a bit under pressure. She asked me lots of questions and in general I tried to make the visit as informal as possible, not sure if that was the right thing to do. She's going to get in touch with me when she knows her new hours, so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that she liked me and learn from this one and how I can improve myself for future visits

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed for u x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a mum come for a visit she brought her little on in in his car seat, she got him out and handed him straight to me... never have had that before, he was 4 1/2 mths old at the time, he starts with me week after next :-)

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by april64 View Post
    The baby was adorable and I did make sure I made a fuss of him and gave him a cuddle. The mum was a childminder before so I felt a bit under pressure. She asked me lots of questions and in general I tried to make the visit as informal as possible, not sure if that was the right thing to do. She's going to get in touch with me when she knows her new hours, so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that she liked me and learn from this one and how I can improve myself for future visits
    Fingers crossed!