Daily diary
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Daily diary

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Daily diary

I have a 3 year old starting and a baby 10weeks. What sort of things do you do in a daily diary?
    If anyone can pm me with a template that would appreciated.
    New childminder :-)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have attached a copy of my Daily Diary...hope it helps. I use A5 ring binder to keep them in.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. Likes dawnn93 liked this post
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I just have an empty blank A5 notebook and write in it what we have done, eaten, drunk, nappy changes, trips, naps, general mood of lo - anything else of note etc...

5. Likes dawnn93 liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i use an A5 ring folder too, then when parents forget, which they do sometimes, i can still fill out a sheet and they can add it, and its easy to add any photos or little works of art on seperate pages.

i have childs name and the date, then meals & snacks, sleep times & nappy changes, and then i write what we have done/where we have been. i used to have a box for parents to sign to say they had read it, but it was never signed, so i took it off!

i have a page at the back of the folder called 'parents comments' and parents use this in a variety of ways! one mum writes what child had done/how they have been each week when not with me, another uses it for changes of phone numbers/work hours/working away, another notes down when medicine has been given and no one else really writes anything! but it is there!

when the folder gets really full, i take all the pages out, tie them together and give them to the parents, then carry on with the ring binder!

7. Likes Bicky liked this post
    jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i buy mine ready made from bromley childminders.its simple and well set out ,it has spaces for what LO has eaten at each meal ,nappy changes (and contents )sleep times ,well being ,a space for us to write a bit about their day and any other info and a space for parents comments,my parents like them

Oct 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    I just have an empty blank A5 notebook and write in it what we have done, eaten, drunk, nappy changes, trips, naps, general mood of lo - anything else of note etc...
    Hi Cassie,

Could I please ask you to send this to me...please! I don't have access to view attachments yet but I'm working hard on getting my membership ungraded!

I could send you my email address if you PM me?

Thank you!
    Rachael