Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milk Validation

Registered Childminder since
    jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i never remember to claim for milk so i'll get on to it.another job for the new year .nursery milk looks easy enough

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive had an email from Scotts now saying that if I dont validate aug and septs milk then they can charge me an admin fee!! is this true - even though I can find no email from them requesting this?

x Sarah x

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There was/is a big hoo har about scotts over facebook (their site had been removed last time I looked) and the problems they're having.
    I gather people that HAVE validated, are still getting emails asking them to do so or they will be charged.

SCOTTS MILK

Contact the NMRU about it

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to know im not the only one! I wonder if it was just a threat or whether they can actually charge?

x Sarah x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merry-Minder View Post
    Ive had an email from Scotts now saying that if I dont validate aug and septs milk then they can charge me an admin fee!! is this true - even though I can find no email from them requesting this?
    I have had similar e-mails for August and November - I have done their validations and repeated them for the NMRU - also had telephone interview with NMRU couple of months ago - I e-mailed them back saying "

I have been all through this with one of your team during a telephone call - I verified August (for about the third time) and I'm sure I did November too - my milk agent Scotts stopped supplying milk sometime during November and I have no record or recollection of what milk I received. I am currently registering to have milk supplied through Cool milk but if it turns out to be as much trouble as claiming milk through you via Scotts, I will be going back to buying 4 pints of milk for £1 from Asda."

They just sent standard reply saying I would be charged for milk I wouldn't validate!

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Scotts asked me to validate Aug and threatened admin charges. I checked my emails and had not had any email for Aug validation. But Nurs Milk Scheme man had phoned me previously to ask about my Aug milk/children as part of their audit and he was happy I had everything in order. So I told Scotts this in an email and said if they need me to validate anything further they need to resend the validation email. I got a reply today saying everything is now OK.

I have now arranged my local milk man to deliver my organic full-fat, 2 pints a week in nice glass bottles and I will claim through Nursery Milk Scheme. By using the milkman only for my mindees milk I know I have all the invoices separate and digital, and I can arrange the milkman online very easily.

Sept 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad i read this post.I have been having all the same problems as people above,company saying i have not verified when i have,not answering phone or answering my messages.Have spoken to NMRU and they have assured me that all validations complete and as i have disputed 3 of the claims as company was trying to claim for milk that i hadnt had as on holiday and had given them one months notice .Have had 4 emails saying if i dont verify they will bill me and add administration charge and interest.I was so angry i rang NMRU again last Friday ,a lovely man came out to see me on Monday 23 Jan,checked through my attendance records,emails/letters from company and assured me dispute is between NMRU and company.As company wouldnt send me a form to cancel milk which NMRU said wasnt necessary ,i have cancelled milk via email which is all that is necessary and NMRU said that i can now claim my milk via NMRU back dated to 18 NOV ,hope this all makes sense.

I am now my usual happy self .I would suggest everyone rings NMRU direct and tell them problems you have been having.

8. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    I am so glad i read this post.I have been having all the same problems as people above,company saying i have not verified when i have,not answering phone or answering my messages.Have spoken to NMRU and they have assured me that all validations complete and as i have disputed 3 of the claims as company was trying to claim for milk that i hadnt had as on holiday and had given them one months notice .Have had 4 emails saying if i dont verify they will bill me and add administration charge and interest.I was so angry i rang NMRU again last Friday ,a lovely man came out to see me on Monday 23 Jan,checked through my attendance records,emails/letters from company and assured me dispute is between NMRU and company.As company wouldnt send me a form to cancel milk which NMRU said wasnt necessary ,i have cancelled milk via email which is all that is necessary and NMRU said that i can now claim my milk via NMRU back dated to 18 NOV ,hope this all makes sense.

I am now my usual happy self .I would suggest everyone rings NMRU direct and tell them problems you have been having.
    Good advice thank you

jan 85
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I have had similar e-mails for August and November - I have done their validations and repeated them for the NMRU - also had telephone interview with NMRU couple of months ago - I e-mailed them back saying "

I have been all through this with one of your team during a telephone call - I verified August (for about the third time) and I'm sure I did November too - my milk agent Scotts stopped supplying milk sometime during November and I have no record or recollection of what milk I received. I am currently registering to have milk supplied through Cool milk but if it turns out to be as much trouble as claiming milk through you via Scotts, I will be going back to buying 4 pints of milk for £1 from Asda."

They just sent standard reply saying I would be charged for milk I wouldn't validate!
    i had the same, I verified the deliveries, at one point i had to tell them 3 times that instead of taking 1 childs worth of milk off the order as the child had moved away, they'd actually doubled the figures sent to me to validate, but not delivered double the amount of milk. I'd phoned them a month before the child left to make sure they got it right.
    In the end I just cancelled as it was too time consuming, and then had the NMRU ask me to answer a phone questionnaire on Scotts, needless to say I enjoyed telling them just what I felt about the awful service .
    Then last week had a n email from Scotts telling me to validate Augusts and Novembers or I'd be charged for the milk and charged an admin fee. Sent a stinking reply to them telling them I'd verified Augusts and cancelled in September and not received milk since then, definitely none in November! Also told them if they charged me an admin fee I'd be billing them for the time, stress and hassle!!

11. Likes mum24 liked this post
    july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    I have too, it took ages to check as they wanted to know from 1st - 31st of month whereas my registers go from week commencing X (so could have 4 or 5 week month), then I had children ill who didn't come but obviously I still had milk delivered for them as I only have milk delivered once a week. I told my milk supplier I may as well go back to buying 4 pints of milk for a quid in Asda and paying for it myself - they said just check that the milk I had delivered was the amount I had ordered and click that the amount was right!

Same here, what a headache, still not had any milk delivered for weeks now either, and I have validated everything as far as I am aware. Wish I had never bothered having it delivered in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

Milk validation has become a pain .... Many of us in Staffordshire have now validated claims over three times for each month. I personally am now refusing as I have hard copies of all claims and it is becoming a joke .... I too have offered my local milk mans name but with no response ....

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    I am glad I am not the only one, I have validated all claims but I am still not had any milk since Nov. Scotts keep asking me to validate August which I have done, the problem seems to be that I did not have any milk in August due to hols so I did not validate their amount but said no milk received.They threatened me with invoice and admin charges but i know i didn't receive any and I am not going to say I did. NNRU have no contacted me and want to speak to me I have. been asked to validate March to July now. I thought it was supposed to be less paper work I wish I have never heard of Scotts

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

this has been hanging over my head - the last email gave deadline of 31st Jan for sep validation or they would report me to NMRU and Ofsted and local council!!!!!

My claim was apparently complicated as I claimed with a co-childminder, and following my countless requests for information back in July regarding exactly what was being delivered to my house for which childminder (they didn't seem to know...) i came to the conclusion that they have no idea what they have delivered to me. I attempted several times to cancel my deliveries, unsuccessfully, until I came up with the genius idea of booking myself a holiday for a year on their web system.

Absolute total nightmare. I, like many others, wish I had stuck to buying my milk in iceland at £1 for 4 pints.

I have no idea what they have been claiming on my behalf - and no way of finding out!!!!

I would like to see them try to charge me an 'admin fee'.

Post Thanks / Like

Default False claims

Quote Originally Posted by Porridge View Post
    this has been hanging over my head - the last email gave deadline of 31st Jan for sep validation or they would report me to NMRU and Ofsted and local council!!!!!

My claim was apparently complicated as I claimed with a co-childminder, and following my countless requests for information back in July regarding exactly what was being delivered to my house for which childminder (they didn't seem to know...) i came to the conclusion that they have no idea what they have delivered to me. I attempted several times to cancel my deliveries, unsuccessfully, until I came up with the genius idea of booking myself a holiday for a year on their web system.

Absolute total nightmare. I, like many others, wish I had stuck to buying my milk in iceland at £1 for 4 pints.

I have no idea what they have been claiming on my behalf - and no way of finding out!!!!

I would like to see them try to charge me an 'admin fee'.
    HI< am new to site so apologise if i am posting in wrong place. I too have left Scotts and started to claim independently from the nmru. There you can check all of your previous claims (ones scotts have put in on our behalf) and i think you may be surprised! They were claiming for 5 times the amount that they were actually delivering to me. I have raised complaint with nmru who are investigating. They have said not to pay scotts a penny and to ignore all correspondence from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default False claims

Hi all, Please find a copy of a recent email i have had to send to my early years consultant. I think it may be of relevance.

Hi ,
    Following our telephone conversation, here are the details of my concern.
    I have just started to claim independently from NMRU and logged into my account for the first time. I was shocked to see that Scotts milk scheme were claiming sometimes nearly 5 times the amount they should have been on my behalf. I have suggested to childminders that I know that they request their NMRU password/account number and check that their claims are correct and to pull up any discrepancies directly with NMRU. Funnily enough since we have had to validate claims (August 2012) the claims have been a lot lower. Scotts are now threatening to invoice me personally because I refuse to validate a false claim for November 2012. Needless to say I will not be paying it!
    Kind Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12