Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milk Validation

Registered Childminder since
    June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Milk Validation

Is there anyone out there that has completed a milk validation email, just need to as k a question about it.

Thank you.x

x Sarah x

oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have too, it took ages to check as they wanted to know from 1st - 31st of month whereas my registers go from week commencing X (so could have 4 or 5 week month), then I had children ill who didn't come but obviously I still had milk delivered for them as I only have milk delivered once a week. I told my milk supplier I may as well go back to buying 4 pints of milk for a quid in Asda and paying for it myself - they said just check that the milk I had delivered was the amount I had ordered and click that the amount was right!

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

I have mine are done weekly, e-mail Friday for that weeks milk.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QualityCare View Post
    I have mine are done weekly, e-mail Friday for that weeks milk.
    Is that with Coolmilk? - my supplier Scotts have stopped deliveries and are trying to work with local milkmen but I am still waiting - my milk company (for my private milk) are with Coolmilk so think I will change to them.

oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Is that with Coolmilk? - my supplier Scotts have stopped deliveries and are trying to work with local milkmen but I am still waiting - my milk company (for my private milk) are with Coolmilk so think I will change to them.
    I'm with Scotts but have just cancelled with them as they threatened to bill me if I didn't complete my validation - which I had done! They are having cash flow problems which I told them made no odds to me and I expected they will still claim the milk refund from the NMRU whilst I wasn't receiving it! Might try milk 4 childminders.

7. Likes CH1957, edayhouse liked this post
    June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive een a bit naughty and not always been massively accurate - not by a lot and not on purpose, but even if id been totally accurate Scotts have a larger figure than I do, but im worried if I say theyve put too much that someone will want to check my paperwork for themselves and ill be in trouble! The alternative is ignore it and no longer recieve any milk!

What to do??

x Sarah x

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes l am with cool milk

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I did fill it in correctly for Scotts in August, although I had children off odd days and I didn't cancel the milk - so I had had 16 pints but should have only had 13, but Scotts delivered to me the amount I requested - so not their fault and it took me ages to check the register to work out how much I should have received.

I decreased the amount they delivered in Sept and Oct and put it back up for Nov when the new child started, they rang me last week and asked me to do validations for August (which I know I had done) and for Oct which I hadn't got round to doing yet. Then they sent e-mail saying because so many people haven't verified validations they are stopping deliveries while they try to find other suppliers and just like that I got no milk last week!

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also with scotts and like pp got the same email, which got me worried, had I done my validation correctly? I only have two pints a week and quite often have to buy my own if I need more. When I got the email about them withdrawing the service because of 'other childcarers' who supposedly had not validated their claims I became worried so I rang them this afternoon and spoke to the validation department who assured me mine had been done and that they would try and find a replacement service more locally. The guy at the other end of the phone claimed we had a local distribution centre which was news to me, as when I signed on with them a year ago, I certainly wasn't told this. I was told my 'case' had been put to the top of the pile (funny I was only ringing to find out if the service had been stopped or not, not to complain!) but I can't help but think scotts' time might be running out. I'm jut waiting for the next email to say they are finishing altogether.

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Im also with Scotts and did not get milk last week so rang them to ask why and they said I should have got an email (I didnt) tellimg me deliveries would now be coming from an independant milkman and it would take at least 3 weeks for new deliveries to be set up.

Then today I got a message on my answer-machine saying that as I hadnt completed the October validation my deliveries would be stopped completely!!! I have validated the October deliveries by email but to be honest I'll be glad to see the back of them, Ive had nothing but problems with deliveries being wrong ever since I started using them.

oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CH1957 View Post
    Im also with Scotts and did not get milk last week so rang them to ask why and they said I should have got an email (I didnt) tellimg me deliveries would now be coming from an independant milkman and it would take at least 3 weeks for new deliveries to be set up.

Then today I got a message on my answer-machine saying that as I hadnt completed the October validation my deliveries would be stopped completely!!! I have validated the October deliveries by email but to be honest I'll be glad to see the back of them, Ive had nothing but problems with deliveries being wrong ever since I started using them.
    Same here, missing milk, none delivery and one week the guy threw the milk up the drive so it split and leaked all over the drive and I got no replacement. I think they will go bust soon. Left them some snotty facebook message which I expect will be deleted.

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I did fill it in correctly for Scotts in August, although I had children off odd days and I didn't cancel the milk - so I had had 16 pints but should have only had 13, but Scotts delivered to me the amount I requested - so not their fault and it took me ages to check the register to work out how much I should have received.

I decreased the amount they delivered in Sept and Oct and put it back up for Nov when the new child started, they rang me last week and asked me to do validations for August (which I know I had done) and for Oct which I hadn't got round to doing yet. Then they sent e-mail saying because so many people haven't verified validations they are stopping deliveries while they try to find other suppliers and just like that I got no milk last week!

same here, I only get 2 pints a week - I could claim for more, but would be complicated - I have two mums who work as cover for illness etc and so they can flexible contracts with hours as required, and if space is available, but for August, I ordered extra as I had full days and different ones morning and afternoon on some days, but then occasionally one was ill or cancelled, so I got 2 pints more than I should have. I offered to pay but milk supplier said, no problem, not to bother, and now we are having all this blooming validation stuff from mnru and supplier. Too much of a headache for 2 pints. I am going to fill in up to date - only need to do oct verification and then cancelling.

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Same problems here too. I know I have done the validations. Twice actually which is a pain, and now no milk. I have emailed to ask if they want the name of my own milkman but no reply. If its not sorted I will have to xancel.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am about to cancel with Scotts, no milk coming at the moment (they are trying to switch to a milk man) and annoying having to validate every month so I am registering direct with Nursery Milk and will buy my own from the supermarket, keep the receipts (we need to keep our food receipts anyway) and claim on-line (no need to send in receipts, just need them safe in case they ever want to check). Sounds like no more hassel and I know i will have the right milk at the right time.

17. Likes manjay, Mouse liked this post
    oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    I am about to cancel with Scotts, no milk coming at the moment (they are trying to switch to a milk man) and annoying having to validate every month so I am registering direct with Nursery Milk and will buy my own from the supermarket, keep the receipts (we need to keep our food receipts anyway) and claim on-line (no need to send in receipts, just need them safe in case they ever want to check). Sounds like no more hassel and I know i will have the right milk at the right time.
    I might do this as it sounds easier than I thought. I assumed you had to send the receipts in but if I can do it online I will. Thanks for the info.

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Errrr well guess what I found on my doorstep at 7.45am????? A solitary pint of milk!

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post

I have had the same emails from Scotts, claiming I had not validated when know I had, then saying supply will stop

I am in the process of setting up the above, I know it will be more accurate, as Scotts kept trying to over supply when I first registered with them, telling me children in for a whole day COULD get 2 lots of milk, which they can not and disagreeing with me every time I tried to point this out!

HX

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Nursery Milk and find it much simpler than the places that send milk out- I just buy what I need and claim the money back at the end of the month. Easy to set up and payment is really quick to-usually within 3 days into bank account

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with milk 4 childminders really easy and simple just confirm at the end of the week can phone and change orders when and if needed would recommend them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast