Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with progress check

Hi I have 2 to do this week I have the format of how I intend to do it. Although I have had my training I do need help with mine actually the LO I mind is behind in her Speaking she falls into for 22-36 age group( she is 28mths) she is hitting all targets for 8-20 mths and just 1 in the 16-26 mths where do I place her at would it be both or 8-20mths. The mum is aware that her speech is not where is should be but how do I put it in the report in a positive way she is fine in all the other areas of communication.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

mark the area she is secure in ( ie 8-20mth ) and explain to mum that although Lo is hitting some of the targets for 22-36mths, she isn't yet secure in them all, and you wouldn't expect her to be, as only 28mths, so you have marked the age range she is secure in.

i had to do this with a couple of areas for my LOs. what i also did was put a question mark next to the next age group up, if getting there, but not quite secure enough to mark!

does that make sense?! it did to me, but not now on reading back!

when you write some comments, focus on the positive communication Lo has and say what your plans are to help Lo.

x

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    mark the area she is secure in ( ie 8-20mth ) and explain to mum that although Lo is hitting some of the targets for 22-36mths, she isn't yet secure in them all, and you wouldn't expect her to be, as only 28mths, so you have marked the age range she is secure in.

i had to do this with a couple of areas for my LOs. what i also did was put a question mark next to the next age group up, if getting there, but not quite secure enough to mark!

does that make sense?! it did to me, but not now on reading back!

when you write some comments, focus on the positive communication Lo has and say what your plans are to help Lo.

x
    Yes I get you I have had a thought!What about colour coding?? If I have a colour coding key at the side and highlight the boxes so green means having secured competency in all areas of learning for that age group and orange meaning that she has some elements of competency . Which is how I actually layout my end of yr review. Do you think that would work?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Debster View Post
    Yes I get you I have had a thought!What about colour coding?? If I have a colour coding key at the side and highlight the boxes so green means having secured competency in all areas of learning for that age group and orange meaning that she has some elements of competency . Which is how I actually layout my end of yr review. Do you think that would work?
    that sounds like a good compromise ... you know what it means and mum will too. x