Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Storing Records where do you keep yours

I am rapidly running out of room to store my mounting paperwork files and folders. I am in the process of sectioning some of my garage which I am using to store the hoards of toys ( now sorted neatly onto labelled stacker boxes) I wanted to put up shelves for all my folders. I also want to store all my learning journals in there too they are in a locked file box along with any other confidential information. Would this be acceptable in the eyes of Ofsted or do all documents have to be stored inside my property? I do not have a spare room for a office and everything is stored in my under stairs cupboard at the moment but I want to get more space so I can organise myself better.

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i know the feeling - i seem to have folders and bits of paper here there and everywhere - i need a system !!!
    spare bedroom is now for storage but need to sort out the toys first and put them in labelled boxes - thats what im going to be doing this weekend - fun eh ooooh and when ive got them all neatly on shelves i can steam clean the floor with my steam cleaner that ive just bought talk about easily pleased
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You have to get permission from Ofsted to take documents off the premises - but I think a garage is probably part of the premises isn't it??

As long as it is watertight and not damp (or the paper will spoil) I imagine it will be fine

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    West Sussex
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a kitchen wall unit in my utility room with a lock on it, but it's almost full already. Not sure what i'll do when i need more space.