Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: contracts

Registered Childminder since
    dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default contracts

I have a parent who keeps putting off filling in a contract but now the child will attend in the school holidays only, is it illegal that i mind a child without a contract or is in our best interest? we are trusting each other,the parent trusts me that there is a place for the child and that i trust the parent who will pay even if the child does not (on holiday)attend but still pay the fee! sorry hope it is clear for you to advise me x
    Last edited by Nina Kirby; 23-09-2012 at 08:58 PM.

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Nina you must fill in the contract to keep the place, it is a trust but you will not be covered from ofsted, insurance if any thing happens and keeping holiday time records. Make it clear to mum important it is as you will be minding her child.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Verbal trust is hard to prove, written trust, in the form of a contract makes sure everyone's on the same page

Give her a deadline to return the signed contract to you, or the space will no longer be available

toddlers896 Guest

i would never take on a child now without a proper contract in place and without a deposit up front. Somebody on here gave me good advice and that was if they are serious about using you then they will sign contracts and pay a deposit. It illiminates the serious parents from the timewasters and if they dont use you then somebody else will.
    When i first started 7 months ago i asked all these questions and thought oh it doesnt matter but when things start going wrong for you then you realise that it does matter.
    Good luck

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No contract / paperwork / payment in advance = no care!

Simple

dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default contracts

thanks for your replies! the child is away until jan (booked holidays) the parent is meeting me next week to pay for the time their child would have been here( school holidays) I am going to be firm and explain in simple terms that its our best intest that we put things down on contract. she has always maintained we would do a contract at some point i just wanted advice on the legalities.