Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Policies and Proceedures

I dont issue my parents with all my P&P's because it's fair to say, I have a lot! They would be sick of them (and me) and my printer would never be off. Parents do however know they are available to view at any time. I know they dont want a hord of paperwork from me but I feel I should have some policy agreement in place which they will sign to say that they know all P&P's are available to view at any time and that certain ones have been looked at, i.e. child protection policy, mobile phone policy.

Which P&P's should I get a signature of acknowledgement to?

I was thinking something like:

I confirm I have read and understood the following policies in place:

(then like a tick box)

Parent Signature:..............................

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I like to have an agreement for each policy. I also do not want to be printing loads. So, I email them all (zipped pdfs) to parents and then just print 1 form for each family with all policies listed + version date and parents initial each to say they have read/agreed and then sign/date at the bottom. That way, if there is ever a dispute (and disputes can be a about the silliest thing, not just the major policies) I can say they have signed to say they have read and agreed the relevant policy on xx date.
    Now, whether the parents actually read every word... well, who knows! but as long as they sign then I have what I need in writing. All my families have been happy with this, we do it each year when I review policies too.

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    I email them all (zipped pdfs) to parents and then just print 1 form for each family with all policies listed + version date and parents initial each to say they have read/agreed and then sign/date at the bottom.
    I'm in the process of creating a parent area on my wesbite where the p&p's will be uploaded rather than having to email them. Like I said.... I have a fair few and I dont believe they will look through them all which is why I thought key policies? Just need to figure out which are key.

Thanks for replying Moggy