Child with arm in sling
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Child with arm in sling

Hi one of my 4yr old mindees had an accident last week on the slide at my house. (ofsted and riddor have been informed) As a result she has fractured the bone on her elbow. She has to have it in a sling for at least 4 weeks and visit the fracture cllinic again in a week.

She has previously broken the same arm approx 18 months ago. My question is does she need a doctors note to return ? I am nervous of minding her with just a sling for protection as she is quite a clumsy child anyway and I would be frightened of her hurting it further and also me possibly getting into trouble for accepting her back?

Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You should just write up how you will support the child to keep herself safe... any changes you have made to the environment to help her... how you will still take her on outings and make sure she's not hurting the arm etc...

You are covered by your insurance as long as you can show the steps you are taking to protect her from further injury - which could, let's be honest, happen anywhere.

Hth

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

First time my son had a sling and not a plaster for his broken arm I was a bit freaked out but doctor told me children are more careful without plaster and it heals quicker, it's amazing how they adjust.

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou ladies for your replies, very helpful.

HELEN