Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Records of Assistant Helps

Hi, I know we got to keep a record of when an assistant helps us. I have been noting this down on my attendance records (both the electronic and paper versions) and will be on my employment record sheet, however, if we left the assistant alone with the kids, do we need to write down the children's names which they looked after? Just wondering if I am missing something? and if so where would we write this?

thanks

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My DW acts as my approved assisant.

I keep an attendance sheet, showing the times she is present. On the same sheet I note the times and child(ren) present if she has sole care of them.

I'm guessing that the inspectors will want this sort of evidence, as 'new improved' EYFS limits sole care to 2 hour per day.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

All I do at the moment is put down at the top what times the assistant has done and below that have the schedule of what kids I have throughout the day. Not sure if good enough

QUOTE=bunyip;1144700]My DW acts as my approved assisant.

I keep an attendance sheet, showing the times she is present. On the same sheet I note the times and child(ren) present if she has sole care of them.

I'm guessing that the inspectors will want this sort of evidence, as 'new improved' EYFS limits sole care to 2 hour per day.[/QUOTE]

Jun 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've wondered about how you can 'prove' the assistant doesn't have care for more then two hours. My assistant has only once been in sole care of any children as I usually use him for the after school run for a few extra mindees. How do people feel it is best to record this as the time they are here is not the time they are alone with them, if that makes any sense?

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I just write in my diary/attendance register when my assistant is with me, I only leave her to do the school run in an afternoon, don't do any other school runs.
    I have made a note that she may be left for emergency appointments, I know I need to have a tooth pulled out soon and don't think that trip to the dentist is one for lo's
    But she's also a registered CM anyway so, if my understanding is right (it might not be!!) I can leave her for longer periods of time anyway

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze4509 View Post
    I've wondered about how you can 'prove' the assistant doesn't have care for more then two hours. My assistant has only once been in sole care of any children as I usually use him for the after school run for a few extra mindees. How do people feel it is best to record this as the time they are here is not the time they are alone with them, if that makes any sense?
    IME inspectors seem to just accept anything they see in writing.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jumping j View Post
    I just write in my diary/attendance register when my assistant is with me, I only leave her to do the school run in an afternoon, don't do any other school runs.
    I have made a note that she may be left for emergency appointments, I know I need to have a tooth pulled out soon and don't think that trip to the dentist is one for lo's
    But she's also a registered CM anyway so, if my understanding is right (it might not be!!) I can leave her for longer periods of time anyway
    If she is acting as an assistant then 2 hours but if she is a childminder then longer but she will need an arrangement in writing with the parents so that the mindee is no longer your responsbility but hers.

Imagine a senario where the mindee was badly hurt and the assistant/childminder has the child for a morning whilst you were at the dentist/hospital. Who would be responsible you or her?
    Debbie

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    If she is acting as an assistant then 2 hours but if she is a childminder then longer but she will need an arrangement in writing with the parents so that the mindee is no longer your responsbility but hers.

Imagine a senario where the mindee was badly hurt and the assistant/childminder has the child for a morning whilst you were at the dentist/hospital. Who would be responsible you or her?
    I have signed permission from parents to leave her with the lo's