Thread: trip to Zoo

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default trip to Zoo

Hello,

could anyone tell me whether I need a written permission from parents when I want to take the children to Zoo? And if yes, what shall I write? Thanks

Pipsqueak Guest

Now I go at this two pronged -

for a specific visit yes I generally inform - verbally and in writing - parents and get their consent...

I have a general all purpose written consent that clients sign at contract agreements saying that we go on visits out and this covers me for those who are 'fiffing' around regarding outings.

so yes I would just inform and get permission just to cover your behind

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I always just inform .I have permision for outings.I usually send a text .This is as good as putting in writing (according to my OFSTED inspector)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have permission for general outings but if I take children on bigger outings I let parents know and ask if they have any concerns.

For somewhere like the zoo I would be writing them an itinerary anyway - arrival and departure times, money for entrance fee, clothes etc needed. packed lunch, please send spending money for ice cream etc etc...

As part of that I'd ask them to sign to say they are happy with the trip and remind them they need to organise alternative care if they would rather their child didn't go

Oct 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all replies. I wrote: Dear parents,

On 26/07/2012 we were hoping to take the children to Zoo, in Regent’s Park. We would be travelling by train. If you would like your child/children to go please complete the permission form below and return it before the 26/07/2012.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I give permission for my child …………………..… to go with his/her childminder to the Zoo.

I understand my child will be travelling by train and will be wearing a wristband with my childminder’s phone number written on it.

I understand my childminder will completely risk assess this outing in order to make sure it is safe.

Signed …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..……………………..

Print Name …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..……………………...

Date …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..…………………….

Hope it will do