Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default new paperwork from 2012

hello,

Just got an email about company selling new paperwork for childminder from sep 2012 .. new policies, procedures, forms...
    A bit confused with what to do; are paperworks changing? do we know what's different and what stays? I read a few things about new EYFS but it is still all vague to me and no clear answers about what to change.

thanks for helping
    Also can't find any courses about that in Hertfortshire.
    v

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have noticed that a lot of companies are trying to make a lot of money out of the revised EYFS and spreading panic.

If you have bought anything from me I am offering completely free updates of all 2008 e-books for 2012 versions - just email me with your buying name.

There is also lots of information in free files at the top of the forum which will help you get ready for the revisions.

You should be able to Google for information as well and use the samples to write your own documents.

hth

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you Sarah for quick reply

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had emails too.
    What part of Herts are you in? I attended an evening last week on the revised EYFS and I know there are a few more out there still going. Mine was organised through the local CM network.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

hello " two princesses",
    are you from hertfortshire? I am from hemel hempstead , we use to have lots of help and trainig from " young in herts" but they are no longer existing and i can't find any training/courses around now.
    thanks
    v

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I have noticed that a lot of companies are trying to make a lot of money out of the revised EYFS and spreading panic.

If you have bought anything from me I am offering completely free updates of all 2008 e-books for 2012 versions - just email me with your buying name.

There is also lots of information in free files at the top of the forum which will help you get ready for the revisions.

You should be able to Google for information as well and use the samples to write your own documents.

hth
    Yes please Sarah (I am trying to keep updated re industry changes (Just in case)! x
    Blaze x

Oct 04
    Post Thanks / Like

The difference with sarah is that one would approach her first

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cmhannah View Post
    That's exactly what you did in 2008 when the EYFS was released and you started selling your paper work!!

I actually started writing in 2007 in response to requests for help and information about multiculturalism and diversity.

I am an ex teacher and very much enjoy disseminating information and making it understandable and do-able.

I continued when the Eyfs was released ... always making sure I offer good quality information for the best possible price.

My SEF guide for example is hundreds of pages of guidance for just £3.99 - I have priced everything I write deliberately low to ensure it is affordable for anyone who wants a copy.

I love sharing information and helping people and I always offer free updates when I have written something new.

I also give away lots free too - on my websites and blogs and to the forum because it is so important that everyone has access to what I am sharing. My inspiration comes from other childminders who are so very supportive and enthusiastic about what I produce for them.

Yes of course I have made money from the Eyfs! I have worked for many hundreds of hours writing and learning and improving my own knowledge to share it with others.

I am curious - do you think I should do it all for free?

Oct 04
    Post Thanks / Like

With all due respect that isn't what she said at all....
    What sarah said was:

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I think the difference is that some of the companies that direct mail people they have had no prior contact with, have been known to make suggestions and claims that are simply untrue, as in you are not covered unless you do x,y and z.

Many people have been lured into purchasing things they haven't actually needed through fear of breaching regulations.

To my knowledge, and please do correct me if I'm wrong, sarah has never 'pressured' or 'bullied' anyone to purchase anything from her....
    The same cannot be said for some direct mailing companies unfortunately.

Enjoy your weekend

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

No difference, she was and still is making money by selling her paperwork, just as those other companies are - She said what they are doing is wrong, but it's exactly what she did 3/4 years ago (and still is).
    I think there's a big difference between emailing people unsolicited and scaring them into replacing all their paperwork by insinuating it all has to change, and what Sarah does to be honest.

You can see from the forum that Sarah spends a lot of time supporting other childminders, and giving her time and expertise for free. She has produced a lot of info on the downloads, again free. Yes, she sells ebooks, but it's good quality, good value reliable and thoughtful information which is available but not pushed. In my opinion it's very different.

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Revised Eyfs

With sarah it's there if you want to buy it of her. She is always there if you want to send her a private message she will help you and point you the right way. I value Sarah's e books no one is forceing you to by off sarah. The people who are selling are not childminders.. Sarah, ok is selling e books but the time she puts into making them on her own she deserves to make money.

Post Thanks / Like

No difference, she was and still is making money by selling her paperwork, just as those other companies are - She said what they are doing is wrong, but it's exactly what she did 3/4 years ago (and still is).
    I'm sorry but I actually find your comments towards Sarah really harsh and rude.

She helps so many people here that I really feel that you should get to find out and get to know her before making such rude judgemental comments.

I have never heard or saw anyone write anything negative about Sarah before and I'm wondering why you are,is there a reason for this?

Angel x

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    I'm sorry but I actually find your comments towards Sarah really harsh and rude.

She helps so many people here that I really feel that you should get to find out and get to know her before making such rude judgemental comments.

I have never heard or saw anyone write anything negative about Sarah before and I'm wondering why you are,is there a reason for this?
    Angel x
    I agree Angel. I found the comments incredibly rude.

I've bought (several) ebooks from Sarah and they are outstanding. She doesn't pressure anyone to buy and they are extremely good value for money. Sending out the revised 2012 ebooks to past customers free of charge just goes to show what kind of person she is - not out to make a quick buck but genuinely wants to help other childminders and share her knowledge. How many people are like that these days?!

My message to Sarah - keep doing the fantastic job you are doing and yes, keep charging for your books. You put in so much work and should quite rightly be financially recompensed xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrstom View Post

My message to Sarah - keep doing the fantastic job you are doing and yes, keep charging for your books. You put in so much work and should quite rightly be financially recompensed xx
    and let's not forget all the free documents and paperwork Sarah writes and shares freely with members. She spends many hours on these.
    Pauline x

BucksCM Guest

That's exactly what you did in 2008 when the EYFS was released and you started selling your paper work!!

I personally haven't bought any of Sarah's ebooks as at the moment as I don't need them, but there may come a time when i will. I get fed up of the spam emails that come through to my in box telling me that I need to purchase the new paperwork too...it's called soliciting.
    What Sarah does is not that AT ALL.
    She does make money from it but I would pay for it if i needed it because having been on this forum i would trust what she has written and I although I don't "know" her, I do know that she does it all to help others. For the amount of hours that must go into writting all the info, I think she should charge more!

If you've not got anything constructive so say/add to a thread, then please don't bother.
    I have found quite a few of your comments recently quite rude. If you joined the forum to look for help in your cm business then fine, but all i have seen is comments to stir things up.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you are jealous - you can spend hours writing and helping people if you like.. if you are qualified to do so that is

I noticed your low post count and maybe that is why you are unaware of what Sarah actually does. Stick around and I am sure you will change your opinion of her work, including the endless hours she does administrating the forum and off line.
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic comments from everyone, keep up the good work Sarah
    I knew you would agree in the end!!

Angel xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic comments from everyone, keep up the good work Sarah

I'm somewhat bemused "Hannah". If you have so much disdain for this forum and it's members, why do you come here at all? I'm guessing you're either connected to, or posting on behalf of a particular online company.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    I knew you would agree in the end!!

Angel xx