Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New Policies

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Policies

Hi, just been reading up on what I can for the new eyfs. It says something like we need to put mobile phones and cameras on to the policies and procedures. what do I write? I do already have a permission slip to ask if I can take pictures and they sign it what ever their decision.

Can anyone help me with some wording....what do I write that I will seek permission if taking pictures with the cameras? my brain is dead but need to get it done by tomorrow?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You should not be updating your safeguarding policy until 1st September when the revised Eyfs is law... until then you work within your current P & Ps.

You will be saying how you protect children by ensuring cameras and phones are not used inappropriately.

Hth

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh thanks Sarah, so when we do the update in September, do the existing parents have to have a separate letter to sign to include this or do we just leave until new parents from Sept onwards sign up....

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Existing parents will need to be given replacement P & Ps for the statutory ones... new parents will get them as normal

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So I technically will redo the policies and procedures and then reprint and give new set to existing parents?
    As I said I haven't done the training yet but is there anything else that would need changing?

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Existing parents will need to be given replacement P & Ps for the statutory ones... new parents will get them as normal

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told that I had to add it to mine today, curious.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaz View Post
    I was told that I had to add it to mine today, curious.
    It is good practice to have the latest information required by your local safeguarding children board on your safeguarding policy so if they say change it then you should.

Plus there is absolutely no harm in putting the info in your policy now if you are updating it anyway.

However for the Eyfs - it does not become law until 1st Sept so that is officially when changes must be made by.

What we need to avoid is panic - people have until 1st sept to reflect changes in the revised Eyfs in their documentation... that's the legal standpoint as stated by Ofsted.

Hope this clarifies

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah, that certainly makes sense.

J
    X

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just about to add this into my policy ready for Sept 2012....comments welcome please(negative as well as positive) is there anything else I need to add??

As a requirement of the new EYFS (Sept 2012) I have included in this policy the use of cameras and mobile phones in my setting. I have one camera that I use to take photographs of the children, these photos are transferred to the computer at the earliest opportunity and then deleted from the camera. I also have a mobile phone but this is used for emergencies when I am out of the house and no photographs are taken or stored on it. Any assistant working with me will have a mobile phone for emergencies only and will not use it to take photographs of the children.
    Phones and cameras belonging to the children are not allowed on the premises so could I ask that they leave them at home
    Last edited by catlyn; 27-06-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lorettacritchet View Post
    Hi, just been reading up on what I can for the new eyfs. It says something like we need to put mobile phones and cameras on to the policies and procedures. what do I write? I do already have a permission slip to ask if I can take pictures and they sign it what ever their decision.

Can anyone help me with some wording....what do I write that I will seek permission if taking pictures with the cameras? my brain is dead but need to get it done by tomorrow?
    It is good to bear in mind that it is not the NEW EYFS but what we have is a REVISION of the existing EYFS and that will still apply and need to be kept as a working document with the revisions accounted for.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catlyn View Post
    I'm just about to add this into my policy ready for Sept 2012....comments welcome please(negative as well as positive) is there anything else I need to add??

As a requirement of the new Revised EYFS (Sept 2012) I have included in this policy the use of cameras and mobile phones in my setting. I have one camera that I use to take photographs of the children, these photos are transferred to the computer at the earliest opportunity and kept in a password controlled area and then deleted from the camera. I also have a mobile phone but this is used for emergencies when I am out of the house and no photographs are taken or stored on it. Any assistant working with me will have a mobile phone would this be one provided by you for business use only? Would you then ask an assistant to leave their personal phone somewhere locked away when they are with you of course allowing them to check it during breaks but in your presence to safe guard the assistant from an allegations of inappropriate material on their phone for emergencies only and will not use it to take photographs of the children.
    Phones and cameras belonging to the children are not allowed on the premises so could I ask that they leave them at home
    Any phones brought to my setting by children will be taken from them and stored safely and returned on leaving. They do not need phones while they are with me. I ask that no parents use or have their phones out when they enter my home.

I am registered with the Information Commissioner's Office as a Data Processer.

This information needs to be put into your Safeguarding Policy
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 27-06-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks rickysmith x