mm or ncma
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: mm or ncma

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default mm or ncma

I am due to renew with ncma but been thinking whats would be best? i have read so many replies on here i am still stuck. so which one gives you value for money MCMA OR MM? PLEASE HELP

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

NCMA, not just for the insurance but for what NCMA does for our profession
    Carol xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The NCMA is a charity which acts on behalf of childminders.

It also offers insurance - you must be a member of the NCMA to take up the insurance though.

MM is an insurance company.

BOTH offer extras including magazines (online or post), helplines, newsletters and lots of other incentives to become a member.

Hth

Post Thanks / Like

Default sticking

think i will stick with ncma

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carol M View Post
    NCMA, not just for the insurance but for what NCMA does for our profession
    Carol xx
    after reading what one childminder is going through and NCMA refusing to help i will be changing to MM
    IS BACK

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post
    after reading what one childminder is going through and NCMA refusing to help i will be changing to MM
    Do you mean the issues with Vincents?
    That's why NCMA have changed solicitors and now there have been positive posts on here about the help received from the NCMA's new legal outfit.
    Carol xx

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean the issues with Vincents?
    That's why NCMA have changed solicitors and now there have been positive posts on here about the help received from the NCMA's new legal outfit.
    Carol xx
    I have never had any help from NCMA in recovering fees owed and i am having to go through small claims myself

but these issues another minder is having right now, nothing to do with the legal team but i still think NCMA have lost sight of who they are supposed to be supporting.
    IS BACK

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never had any help from NCMA in recovering fees owed and i am having to go through small claims myself

but these issues another minder is having right now, nothing to do with the legal team but i still think NCMA have lost sight of who they are supposed to be supporting.
    My personal experience,when I had an issue with non paying notice period parents and threats from them, was good . They ( it was Vincents then) advised and supported my claim and I had a positive outcome.
    I am now attending the Regional Forums and feel that my views and issues are listened to and heard by NCMA and the National Policy Forum Members take things forward from our region for review by NCMA. So I think this an opportunity to ensure NCMA doesn't lose sight of the things that we need supporting on.
    Carol xx

Penny1959 Guest

HEBS - I am aware of the other issue going on right now - I think it needs to be remembered that NO professional body can offer advice or support in an individual case - until the facts are known - that includes NCMA, MM, Local Authority, a solicitor and so on.

Once facts are known - then professional organisations can step in.

Yes I know I am a 'NCMA person' and will be seen to just defending them - but it is true of all organisations - a lot goes on behind the scences that is not known about.

Penny

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

My personal experience,when I had an issue with non paying notice period parents and threats from them, was good . They ( it was Vincents then) advised and supported my claim and I had a positive outcome.
    I am now attending the Regional Forums and feel that my views and issues are listened to and heard by NCMA and the National Policy Forum Members take things forward from our region for review by NCMA. So I think this an opportunity to ensure NCMA doesn't lose sight of the things that we need supporting on.
    Carol xx
    well i have had 3 cases where parents have left owing money LARGE sums of money too (over £4k in total!!!) and i got NO support from NCMA at all
    IS BACK