Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Question ncma or mortonmichel Insurance

Hello Everyone,
    I have finally got some mindees lined up to start in a couple of weeks, Ive not got my insurance yet and was wondering which one you all prefer?

With morton michel insurance can i use the ncma contracts?
    (a friend gave me a couple of her ncma contracts to use)

Ive not seen the morton michel contracts though, so i dont know what to do!

I no Morton michel is a bit cheaper then ncma, but your thoughts would be much apprieciated

Thanks in advance
    Jo
    Jo Jo

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morton Michel are an insurance company which also offers extras for childminders -

http://www.*****************/ChildMinder/

NCMA are a registered charity which also offers insurance -

http://www.*************/

You cannot buy NCMA insurance without being a member of the NCMA.

If you are insured with NCMA you must use their contracts to be fully covered if something goes wrong... you can use any contracts including your own with Morton Michel but they must say the right things!

Hth

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am and always will be a member of the NCMA. I use their contracts, register, accounts book but I have my PLI with MM as I feel that they are offering the best insurance cover for me.

There are difference between the two. One allows a child or two more on their cover & one allows children to "play - out" with parental permission - I think they are both NCMA (someone will correct me if it;s wrong but it is not relevant to me so I did not base my decision on that). MM will not cover "home made" play equipment (climbing frames etc)

I chose MM as they tend to have a better system for a non- paying parent.

But I am a member of the NCMA and choose not to take their insurance. The NCMA are a professional body that I am proud to belong to. They campaign on many levels for childminders (including Govt) and in my area run good courses.

Mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Morton Michel are an insurance company which also offers extras for childminders -

http://www.*****************/ChildMinder/

NCMA are a registered charity which also offers insurance -

http://www.*************/

You cannot buy NCMA insurance without being a member of the NCMA.

If you are insured with NCMA you must use their contracts to be fully covered if something goes wrong... you can use any contracts including your own with Morton Michel but they must say the right things!

Hth
    Thank you sarah
    Jo Jo

Mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post
    I am and always will be a member of the NCMA. I use their contracts, register, accounts book but I have my PLI with MM as I feel that they are offering the best insurance cover for me.

There are difference between the two. One allows a child or two more on their cover & one allows children to "play - out" with parental permission - I think they are both NCMA (someone will correct me if it;s wrong but it is not relevant to me so I did not base my decision on that). MM will not cover "home made" play equipment (climbing frames etc)

I chose MM as they tend to have a better system for a non- paying parent.

But I am a member of the NCMA and choose not to take their insurance. The NCMA are a professional body that I am proud to belong to. They campaign on many levels for childminders (including Govt) and in my area run good courses.
    Thanks for you advice
    Jo Jo

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I am with Morton Michel form my PLI as it was reasonable and I did not want to add up too many costs when starting out by paying to join NCMA etc

I use all MM paperwork, contracts, Accounts, Accident and contact forms etc and they are really good, reasonably priced and send the papers really quickly.

I had to call their legal team the other day too and they were really helpful

Ive also switch my home insurance to MM as they got me cover to include childminding and accidental damage, for the same as what I paid before elsewhere.

Im sure NCMA is great too, I have only experience of MM and can highly reccommend

Sara

Mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sara T View Post
    I am with Morton Michel form my PLI as it was reasonable and I did not want to add up too many costs when starting out by paying to join NCMA etc

I use all MM paperwork, contracts, Accounts, Accident and contact forms etc and they are really good, reasonably priced and send the papers really quickly.

I had to call their legal team the other day too and they were really helpful

Ive also switch my home insurance to MM as they got me cover to include childminding and accidental damage, for the same as what I paid before elsewhere.

Im sure NCMA is great too, I have only experience of MM and can highly reccommend

Sara
    Thank you for your reply, i have decided to go with NCMA so we will see how i get on thanks again
    Jo Jo