Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: NCMA Handbook

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NCMA Handbook

Not sure if I've remembered this right but I'm sure my tutor on ICP had an NCMA handbook. There's also a divider in the toolkit for a handbook but I haven't received one and can't find anything on the NCMA website about it.

Am I going mad??

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NCMA Handbook

Yes you should have received one, but in the NCMA magazine "Who Minds" it did say that they were updating the Handbook and that everyone one be sent a new one, so that may be why. You will be sent the new one soon like the rest of us who are NCMA members

feb 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I received my toolkit yesterday - also minus the handbook. I phoned the NCMA to quenry missing handbook to be told that they don't do handbooks anymore, just fact sheets. I said that maybe it would have been a good idea to include said fact sheets for new childminders!! Still none the wiser if the handbooks still exist as above says. X

Mar 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had dealings with NCMA this week.

I called to find out why I had not yet received my insurance certificate and membership details - all paid for last month. They told me they were behind but I was covered.

I asked about handbooks (as per Who Minds saying we had to download factsheets ourselves). Lady didn't know but asked and it appears they are not doing handbooks any more. I said I was disappointed - not everyone has access to the internet and they are discriminating against those people. Also, we may not know certain things - so why should be know which factsheets are available. A book is much better.

I think they have taken the cheaper option at our expense!

I am going to write to complain.

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sure Who minds said they would be sending them out to us? I better check as I won't be too happy printing out new materials not when they should send it out to us - we pay the membership after all. What with the waiting on orders and the poor insurance and advice I may end up becoming a MM member before too long

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just found it in the mag -

From April you'll be able to get up-to-date inforamtion from a new range of NCMA factsheets available online at www.************* . the new factsheets will replace the members' handbook. The change to the factsheets will mean information is -

Easier to find

Regularly updated

Available to all NCMA members as soon as it's changed - with no need to wait until your renewal date to receive your next handbook.

NCma amaze me totally!!! I know of 2 minders that do not use the internet. It seems unfair.

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mollymop View Post
    Just found it in the mag -

From April you'll be able to get up-to-date inforamtion from a new range of NCMA factsheets available online at www.************* . the new factsheets will replace the members' handbook. The change to the factsheets will mean information is -

Easier to find

Regularly updated

Available to all NCMA members as soon as it's changed - with no need to wait until your renewal date to receive your next handbook.

NCma amaze me totally!!! I know of 2 minders that do not use the internet. It seems unfair.
    It does seem very unfair. I seem to remember my tutors copy being quite thick and having alsorts of info in it including what items are tax deductable
    I can't imagine the info sheets being half as comprehensive.

I think I might complain to NCMA on monday!