Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do I need start up pack?

Hi,

Im newly registered and have a parent wanting to start soon so I am looking into sorting out my own insurance rather than doing it through my LA.

I am on BD so have templates for all own contracts and such to have online. Do I need the start up pack? Will Insurance companies only pay out on their own contracts?

HELP please!!

TIA

Registered Childminder since
    May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

pacey is the only insurer who insists on their own contracts (and only if you need to use their legal services). There is also morton michel but I dont know of anyone else who do the public liability insurance.

When I started, I did mine through my local council as it was part of a start up grant (so free )

Simona Guest

Take a look at PLA and compare...they have public liability insurance also employer and many benefits such as a legal helpline
    All representing associations offer insurance and m'ship
    MM only offer insurance...they do not represent cms

So it is really up to you to find out and choose what you feel is best for you.