Pacey Annual Regional Meetings
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Pacey Annual Regional Meetings

September is the time when pacey hold their Regional Meetings to re elect the committee
    Usually the events are well publicised and non members can book their place too

Any reason why this year there is very little information...I usually get my news for the Greater London ..this time: nothing!!
    Can anyone update ???

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

All the information is usually on the Pacey Website. I had details of my Regional Meeting weeks ago and I have been invited to go to the Greater London Meeting whose details were also published weeks ago.. You need to contact Pacey to find out why you have not had the info.

Just a point. Non members can go to half of these meetings, workshops etc. But they are not allowed to attend the Pacey AGM bit or take part in the NPF part or vote, this is for members only.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you renew your membership? Email invitations went out and I know there are over 50 attending Greater London this weekend. Have a look on pacey local and you should find the information you are after.
    Debbie

4. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    aug 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to London forum. In purley. I didn't realise how much cod they do free. I can do my 15 hours easily then use the site to record it.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jackie 7 View Post
    I went to London forum. In purley. I didn't realise how much cod they do free. I can do my 15 hours easily then use the site to record it.
    Thank you for that information
    All associations provide opportunities for CPD....which is different from training and studying...the rest we can add day by day by the various things we do

Unless it has been changed pacey's Professional Occupational Standards (POS) require a cm at the top of her m'ship ladder ...I think it is called Ambassador??...to do 25 hours per year?
    Is it still the same?
    I feel this is not challenging enough or aspirational enough for cms who need a bit more challenge than that....25 hrs PA is 1/2 hour per week!!

It would be great and in the true spirit of info sharing to hear some feedback from these pacey Regional meetings...
    what was discussed in terms of future polices, were agencies mentioned, any hints at future support for cms if the LAs cannot provide it?
    what did pacey think of the latest Ofsted statistics were cms closed the gap with other providers but still dropped to 68% compared to 71% last year?
    was #ofstedbigconversation mentioned?

any other important news??

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Thank you for that information
    All associations provide opportunities for CPD....which is different from training and studying...the rest we can add day by day by the various things we do

Unless it has been changed pacey's Professional Occupational Standards (POS) require a cm at the top of her m'ship ladder ...I think it is called Ambassador??...to do 25 hours per year?
    Is it still the same?
    I feel this is not challenging enough or aspirational enough for cms who need a bit more challenge than that....25 hrs PA is 1/2 hour per week!!

It would be great and in the true spirit of info sharing to hear some feedback from these pacey Regional meetings...
    what was discussed in terms of future polices, were agencies mentioned, any hints at future support for cms if the LAs cannot provide it?
    what did pacey think of the latest Ofsted statistics were cms closed the gap with other providers but still dropped to 68% compared to 71% last year?
    was #ofstedbigconversation mentioned?

any other important news??
    Simona - the meetings this month are Annual Regional Meetings where as you know committes are elected. There was a presentation by the NPF but this section is for members only. If you are still a member check with your region and I am sure you will get the information.

As to your questions - it is generally known that Pacey are against agencies so I am not sure what you are expecting them to comment on

Ofsted weren't discussed as an agenda item at the south west

Sorry to sound vague but I wasn't able to attend mine but maybe others will feedback more
    Debbie

8. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember the top level PD hours. I don't see the problem with 25 hours a year. in hour area it is 7 or 8 evening Training sessions or one day plus 4 or 5 evenings. For some childminders this is a lot of commitment, especially if they have young families it is easier for those of us that no longer have young families to attend to. I was very lucky that my dh always supported me and was more than happy to feed, bath and put our two to bed. Many don't have this support for a number of reasons. I find your comment that it is 'only' half an hour a week quite judgmental and harsh. Many people struggle to get out to training etc. Any time spent is useful.
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 23-09-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Simona - the meetings this month are Annual Regional Meetings where as you know committes are elected. There was a presentation by the NPF but this section is for members only. If you are still a member check with your region and I am sure you will get the information.

As to your questions - it is generally known that Pacey are against agencies so I am not sure what you are expecting them to comment on

Ofsted weren't discussed as an agenda item at the south west

Sorry to sound vague but I wasn't able to attend mine but maybe others will feedback more
    Yes I am aware that they are Regional meetings, also non pacey members can attend the first part of the meeting which usually has an agenda and yes all committees would have been re elected...I was a committee member myself in the past so I remember the process

I am confused as to what you are saying...I should check the pacey website rather than share info here?
    why?
    we share info on PLA here every time they issue a press release or say something so what is the difference?
    Also the feedback from meetings does not appear on the website for a while so going there would probably give me nothing

Yes I know that Pacey are against agencies...things have moved on so a little feedback would have been useful...but no worry if that cannot be done...I am picking up info elsewhere.

Simona Guest

Just to clarify to all cms CPD is not just training or actually getting out to meetings ...it involves a lot more such as:

info sharing, peer to peer support, updating on the latest EY changes, updating your paperwork and practice, doing any 'self reflection', reading articles relating to EY, updating on recent Statutory changes, accessing forums like this, talking to colleagues about practice, being visited by the EY team, going to playgroups where cms share good practice and much more

The pacey POS give a very good description of what counts as CPD but I know somewhere there is a more comprehensive list...if I find it I will post it here.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Just to clarify to all cms CPD is not just training or actually getting out to meetings ...it involves a lot more such as:

info sharing, peer to peer support, updating on the latest EY changes, updating your paperwork and practice, doing any 'self reflection', reading articles relating to EY, updating on recent Statutory changes, accessing forums like this, talking to colleagues about practice, being visited by the EY team, going to playgroups where cms share good practice and much more

The pacey POS give a very good description of what counts as CPD but I know somewhere there is a more comprehensive list...if I find it I will post it here.
    I wrote a list of CPD types for childcare.co.uk gold members recently and there were lots and lots of different types ...

I don't think half an hour a week is excessive at all! In fact, I think most members spend at least that on here learning new things as they read the threads...

13. Likes N/A liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a release from Liz Byram today which I received by email and I have posted it in a separate thread.
    Debbie

Simona Guest

Thank you Chatterbox..I will go and find it