Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: PACEY email...

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PACEY email...

So got this email from Pacey today and I'm intrigued to what the volunteer vacancies are...not that I've got much spare time for volunteering but still...intrigued

Your invitation to the East Regional Forum On behalf of the East Regional Committee It is my pleasure to invite you our Annual Regional Meeting which takes place on 14 September 2013.
    All PACEY members are welcome to attend.
    Please come along so that you can meet other members and share the day with them.
    Our morning session will include volunteer elections and give you an opportunity to join the discussions on PACEY Governance and Continuous Professional Development pathways.
    The day includes lunch, refreshments and an afternoon workshop on Racism Awareness.
    The forums are volunteer led and are organised by a committee of volunteers who are all PACEY members.
    If you come along, we guarantee you a warm welcome and an interesting day.
    Find out more about the day.
    Please read through the booking form and return it as detailed to reserve your place.
    Feel free to share the invitation with other members and if you have any questions please get in touch using the contact numbers on the form.
    There are a number of volunteer vacancies up for election.
    If you would like to know more about becoming a volunteer please contact us for details of the roles available in your region.

So is anyone going?
    Does anyone know what the opportunities are?

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Simona Guest

I can only think it is to do with their Regional forums...they are run by cms volunteers who form the committee which in turn is elected by the members in that area.
    They have regular meetings...I think it used to be 3 a year where cms can attend for discussions and training

Each part of the England has one.....for instance mine is the Greater London area but looking at the pacey website I cannot find any info on them anymore
    I was on the committee for my area but have resigned a while back...volunteers arrange the meetings, venues, food and all necessary duties as volunteers etc.

Looks like they are looking for volunteers...someone from within pacey maybe able to shed more light on this as I am not sure if things have changed

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have gone as been looking at going to the last few but they have been quite a distance to travel but this is one is not to far from me (I live just over the boarder from you in norfolk) but unfortunately we are actually going away that week-end so can't. We rarely go away was disappointed it's all happening the same weekend.
    Pixie Dust

Simona Guest

I have just remembered...all the Pacey Regional Forum and AGM take place around September
    That is when the present committee steps down and another is elected...that is why they are looki8ng for volunteers

I have not received any news of my area meeting but I know it is coming up soon...I am sure the NPF members on this forum will clarify further

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

There are three different types of volunteers:

1. Main Committee positions are Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer
    2. Committee member
    3. NPF

Members of 1 and 2 arrange the Annual Regional Meetings (mine is being held on 21st September 2013) and others will be around this time too and the Regional Meetings which are held twice a year

NPF take a topic for discussion to these meetings and deliver the information, members attending the meeting are able to give their opinions and responses and the NPF take this information back to London and discuss it with all other NPF members and Board members who then take it for discussion/action depending on the topic.

It all depends on how much time, if any, you are able to give.

I find the role of NPF to be very fulfilling.

Also at these meetings is an afternoon session where you can do some training, usually chargeable at a reasonable rate and a certificate to show your CPD.

Some areas are quite large so it is a good opportunity to talk to childminders/nanny's and early years workers in your county to see how things run.

I have older children and therefore don't have the commitment of someone with younger children but I do get a lot out of the time I give.
    Debbie

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot, there should also be a number and email address on the invitation from the Secretary and Sarah Edwards who is the volunteer co ordinator who you can call for more information
    Debbie

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you...I would love to be able to offer something to them by volunteering, but was just a little confused as to what they were looking for.

I'll get in touch with them next week and see if I can find out some more info

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Like Chatterbox Childcare I am also a NPF member and have previously served as chair of the regional organising committee - both roles I enjoyed and would like to add that it is a great way of meeting people from around your region and if you are an npf rep a great way of meeting others from the other 9 regions covering England and Wales