Where is Pacey?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Where is Pacey?

Simona Guest

Default Where is Pacey?

A lot has happened the last few weeks ....first More Affordable Childcare, then the DfE Guidance to LAs, today we had the Tax Free childcare scheme ...providers including cms have raised worries about Ofsted inspections and today we have seen the first hint of what cms will be charged by @Home Childcare as an agency

I do not seem to see any statements from pacey...have I missed them?
    please share if you have come across them

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope haven't heard a single squeak from them.....................perhaps they are all on holiday!xx

June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    A lot has happened the last few weeks ....first More Affordable Childcare, then the DfE Guidance to LAs, today we had the Tax Free childcare scheme ...providers including cms have raised worries about Ofsted inspections and today we have seen the first hint of what cms will be charged by @Home Childcare as an agency

I do not seem to see any statements from pacey...have I missed them?
    please share if you have come across them

Darn good question. Our representative organisation?

Simona Guest

Just found out on Twitter that Catherine Farrell, one of the joint Executives, has stepped down on 31 July and Liz Bayram takes on the full role...was anyone aware of it as I cannot find the statement they are supposed to have made anywhere?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Just found out on Twitter that Catherine Farrell, one of the joint Executives, has stepped down on 31 July and Liz Bayram takes on the full role...was anyone aware of it as I cannot find the statement they are supposed to have made anywhere?
    Yes this was announced just after Pacey changed from ncma
    Debbie

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Yes this was announced just after Pacey changed from ncma
    There is nothing on Pacey Local...would it be on Facebook maybe?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had an email
    Debbie

Simona Guest

I didn't get one...did anyone else who is a pacey member receive this information?

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have just read around the website of previously mentioned agency - I am seriously wondering if I have made the right decision to become a childminder in the current climate. I have done a financial forecast and was not anticipating spending over £100 a month on various fees for agency support.
    Have looked at pacey and another childminder association, trying to decide which one to join, the response to this current issue will influence my decision I think.

Happy times, a nice glass of wine in my other hand as I type, waiting for my son to arrive for the weekend to celebrate him getting a graduate training job and 2 people interested in me looking after their children, through networking, not advertising ..... It isn't all doom and gloom yet!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I have just read around the website of previously mentioned agency - I am seriously wondering if I have made the right decision to become a childminder in the current climate. I have done a financial forecast and was not anticipating spending over £100 a month on various fees for agency support.
    Have looked at pacey and another childminder association, trying to decide which one to join, the response to this current issue will influence my decision I think.

Happy times, a nice glass of wine in my other hand as I type, waiting for my son to arrive for the weekend to celebrate him getting a graduate training job and 2 people interested in me looking after their children, through networking, not advertising ..... It isn't all doom and gloom yet!
    FloraDora...you are allowed to look at @HomeChildcare website for information BUT not to think you may have to join them...that is forbidden!!!! we want you onboard to fight agencies...no contemplation of paying them anything!!!

The current climate is very much 'govt against cms' but we must fight it as it has nothing to do with the 'noble' aim of reducing cost to parents but saving Ofsted a fortune by downloading cms onto agencies and satisfy Sir Michael Wilshaw petty hate of cms!!

I cannot ever envisage the EY workforce without cms...homebased childcare is a vital ingredient of the variety parents can pick from

...but I deviate....I am sure many cms are contemplating the same as you at this very moment..who to join or, as in my case, renew and stay with the same association or change and jump ship...or indeed join no one and represent myself and get on my soapbox!

Returning to the chasing game of Where is Pacey?....not good enough that our association has caught the same bug as is permeating the whole industry...secrecy!!
    Should the stepping down of an Executive be public or kept so quiet...if so whY...what is the reason?

I went through Pacey Local to see if the news was buried there somewhere....but that forum is like the 'silence zone' and not knowing how many people actually access any post makes it more intriguing
    I posted so many questions there for the CEOs and management but I am still waiting for an answer...well not me personally but on behalf of cms??

Chatterbox ...maybe the news was only related to staff and volunteers by email...sad really as so many big guns have recently left Pacey in the same way: the back door....does not inspire cms unfortunately!

Simona Guest

Does anyone know if pacey intends to join the #OfstedBigConversation meetings?

I tweeted to them yesterday but got no reply

Is anyone on Pacey Local? do you know if it is now managed by pacey staff rather than those previously employed to run the forum?

Please share if you have any news