Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pacey live or Expo?

Hi all, as like most of you I work Fridays. I would like to go to the Expo but have seen Pacey live info. Obviously can not attend both on the Sat so which one should I go for?

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Expo is free! I guess see the agenda of Pacey live and see if you really want to attend. It's £75+vat.

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh well, free it is then. More money to spend on a hotel room.

4. Likes Rick liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Pacey live is not on all day.

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? Then I think £75 is quite steep,

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CLL View Post
    I thought so too. But if you wanted to attend both you could (I think.....check times!)

Simona Guest

This Pacey Live event is causing more confusion that at any time the conferences were put on...then it was clear and no questions asked
    Yesterday someone was tweeting with pacey about the event to get clarification, what is more worrying is that it is the only event open to 'members only'...any other conference is open to ALL...why?

£75 + VAT is not expensive if you compare it to other events/conferences but it is still a lot of money for many cms when you add travel and hotel accommodation

I have a few invites to conferences which I get via emails ...the last one I got by 4Children will be £400 as non member!

These big organizations will have to realise that money will be short and adjust their fees accordingly
    I don't think the pacey live agenda is out yet?

Rickysmiths...what time is the event on from and when does it finish as you say it is not on all day...could you expand a bit?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CLL View Post
    I think it is good value for money. When I first saw the cost I said "wow that is a lot" but now the speakers have been released I think it is a bargain.

Are you a member? If so, check you emails as there was an invitation sent out last week with speakers details and their specialty area
    Debbie

10. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I certainly don't think it's a bargain, the keynote speaker is the president so I wouldn't have thought there would be a fee involved. The expo event has seminars which have to be paid for but they are reasonable at £9 +VAT. I notice that Liz Bayram is leading one of the seminars on the Saturday

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think compared to other events and I'm sure Simona having attended some, will confirm this, £75 is a bargin a lot of the day conferences are £300 in fact I am going to one in the autumn and it is £180 for 10 to 3pm.

That is the cost of these things these days. Venues and speakers are not cheap.

Simona Guest

HELP...for some unknown reason I am unable to register for ChildcareExpo..it won't let me when I click on the link and I have not received the agenda for the pacey event...is it anywhere I can see it on pacey Local?
    I'll go and take another look in case I missed it

I don't know which seminars are being run and am surprised you have to pay to attend them...we never did before which takes me back to the debate the even format has changed
    Can't be possible that we pay if the CEO is running one...strange indeed
    £9 +VAT is £10.80 and the event is £100 inclusive of VAT plus travel ...it is more expensive than I thought for just a day

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The seminars at the Expo were charged for last year Simona so nothing has changed there. Also if a Pacey person has been asked to run one of their seminars then there is no reason that it should not be charged for in the normal way.

I think you are confusing things. The Pacey Conference and the Expo are two entirely different events being run by two different organizations, they are not tied or connected in any way at all.

They just happen to be running on the same day at the same venue and the Pacey event is for Pacey members which is entirely proper.

Simona Guest

Sorry for coming back after my last post

Compared to other conferences it does seem 'cheaper' but we are now in different financial times and not much money in our accounts
    it is still a one day event, we cannot afford all these conferences, some are very good for CPD some just good to be there to hear facts from those who shape policy
    In future everything may be at our expense and those who organize them have to understand we do not have an endless pot of money...the venues I have been to are fantastic...I would say luxurious and therefore very expensive

Maybe in future we may need to think about sending one willing person or a party who can feedback for all...I have done that with pleasure and in the interest of info sharing and hope the feedback was useful
    I will continue to attend conferences because that is what I want to do but also raise awareness that they are beginning to be beyond our reach

Since July last year I have attended 9 conferences and organised 2 workshops with Ofsted and the Shadow Minister for Children...paid by myself and another cm...maybe we need to think of innovative ways to give all cms opportunities to participate

No I am NOT confused ..I know Expo is running alongside the event but I certainly do not think it 'right' to pay for a seminar run by our CEO...sorry my opinion and I respect yours
    And I disagree that it should be for members ONLY...it never was as non members were able to attend but pay more
    The PLA was not for members only otherwise I would not have been there and had the opportunity to meet so many preschool practitioners, network with them and share good practice...

I believe in integrated working and not isolation..it may be the tool that gets us recognition and equality when others understand the valuable input we make in childcare!
    Last edited by Simona; 27-06-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    I certainly don't think it's a bargain, the keynote speaker is the president so I wouldn't have thought there would be a fee involved. The expo event has seminars which have to be paid for but they are reasonable at £9 +VAT. I notice that Liz Bayram is leading one of the seminars on the Saturday
    What about the other speakers?
    Debbie

Simona Guest

These are the other speakers:

Penny Tassoni - author, trainer, consultant and PACEY President

Sue Davis - PACEY Chair

Ian Billings - children's author, poet and actor

Dr Anita Soni - academic, tutor, educational psychologist and author.

Would have loved to see Truss and Ofsted amongst them!!

Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi All, We just wanted to clarify a few questions that are bouncing around on this post. As rickysmiths has already mentioned, Childcare Expo and PACEY Live are two entirely separate events and PACEY’s chief executive Liz Bayram was asked to speak at Childcare Expo before PACEY Live was formed.

Entry into Childcare Expo is free along with access to the feature areas and workshops; the only cost is the optional seminars which cost £9 + VAT (£10.80 Inc.VAT) when booked in advance and £15 Inc. VAT per session when purchased at the show. Childcare Expo is open to everyone within the early years, childcare and nursery sector.

Simona, registration for Childcare Expo is due to open within the next couple of weeks, the register your interest link should take you to an automated email page. If you would like to email us at info@childcareexpo.co.uk we can contact you as soon as registration opens.

We look forward to seeing you all in September.