Pacey: evidence at the C&F Bill (26 June)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Pacey: evidence at the C&F Bill (26 June)

This is posted on pacey Local...I believe this is the last evidence as the Bill moves to the Lords next... in the meantime agency trials are happening and LAs are coming ot saying they are giving it a try...

''The Education Committee is conducting an inquiry into Sure Start Children's Centres examining the Core Purpose of Sure Start children's centres, their effectiveness and the range of services and activities provided.

On Wednesday 26 June, Joint Chief Executive Liz Bayram will be giving evidence alongside representatives from *****, the Fatherhood Institute and the Family and Childcare Trust. The session will focus on the perspective of parents and users of children's centres and Liz will be able to offer information about the different ways in which childminders work with children's centres; how well/not this works across different areas and different types of children's centres, what impact the increasing focus of children's centres on working with vulnerable families is having upon the relationship between children's centres and childminders.

The Committee is also keen to understand PACEY’s views on proposals for childminder agencies being led by Children’s centres. PACEY will therefore use this opportunity to once again, express members concerns around why the agency model will not work in terms of quality of childcare, affordability for parents and childminders' future sustainability.

Please use this space to share your experiences of working with Children’s Centres, whether good or bad.'' (end)

I believe someone posted some questions about CCentres to report back to pacey but I cannot find the post...please can anything relating to pacey be posted here in future??

So there is a handful of replies there and very few in pacey Local....hardly enough to give evidence.
    What is this evidence about? some CC are very welcoming of cms while others are not but I worry everything is happening from them in future: hubs, childcare hubs, cms hubs, training new cms and so on

Everything is shifting towards CC and this worries me...how can they support and train cms, what is their expertise in cminding, how will cms work from them? will they do the education while we do the care?

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

here is the thread simona

How does your Surestart Centre work with you and vica versa?

i didn't post on here, but did post on pacey local.

mind you. my childrens centre isn't a sure start one!

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I fed all the replies yesterday back to Charlotte Rankin
    Debbie

Simona Guest

Thanks Lucyloo...I have seen your reply in pacey local and I posted as well there but we get no replies ever!