Would pacey clarify please?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Would pacey clarify please?

I have posted this on pacey local this morning in the hope we get some answers...keep trying I say to myself!!
    I sent a tweet to the DfE yesterday asking for a rough idea on the date when our 'possible' new inspection fee will be announced...got nothing back...what else can we try and who is supposed to find these things for us???

''I wonder if pacey has tried to contact NDNA to get clarification on their funded programme rather than ask NDNA to explain themselves urgently ?
    NDNA have denied being involved in trialling higher ratios and have reacted to the news

I contacted them yesterday to find out about their involvement in childcare hubs and was called back within hours by a rep who explained what their programme is about and yes it does involve cms...

unfortunately like anything else at present nothing seems to have a definite plan and everything is subject to discussion.
    They have also explained they are not part of introducing childcare hubs (4Children is doing that) but are going to conduct 12 trials involving day nurseries, cms and schools They have stated this does not involve agencies

If pacey is concerned about NDNA's involvement will they try to get this explained and report back to their members?

Pacey also withdrew from the partnership with Barnardo's over worries that agencies are involved...there has never been a clear to clarify further and reassure the members

We have a situation now where the 'possible' future Ofsted fee is being publicly debated...will pacey contact the DfE and Ofsted themselves to ask for a rough idea when our future fee will be announced ...we have tried but are ignored

pacey has endorsed the IIM [Individual Inspections Matter].. are they concerned at the figures that are being discussed although they have been identified as rumours?...still they are causing concerns

Would pacey confirm that getting some sort of statement now would help cms to start planning/saving for this fee if indeed it will be introduced?

The govt has announced a further investment of £2m from September for students training bursaries to train for 20 months.
    This programme is because the govt believes the 'standards for the under 5s is poor'

Does pacey have a response to this new announcement as we understand that 74% of day care providers/preschools and 71% of cms are good/o's?
    When will Ofsted address the achievements we have made and engage positively so that standards can continue to rise without threats and constant bashing?

The ratios issue continues to take over all the others that are going to impact on cms as we will will bear the brunt of the childcare reforms: agencies, childcare hubs, new inspection fee, changes to CRB, ratios, tougher Ofsted inspections, loss of support from our LAs and the continuing saga of being allowed or not, as the case maybe, to draw the funding for the 2 year olds and 3 and 4

Cms have tried to engage and have asked questions but are ignored...would pacey try on our behalf and provide some sort of reassurance to us?'' (end)

Simona Guest

I have followed the post to pacey with an email to Ofsted Sue Gregory...if she does not answer then I will put the question to her at the conference on 8 June where she is a speaker.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear, Simone - it's coming to something when you're obliged to answer your own threads. I don't think pacey feel the need to clarify or justify anything these days: they just cary on in their own sweet way.

I'd suggest the direct approach and ask pacey HQ, but my own recent experience merely demonstrates that to be a rather futile exercise. I've been waiting anthing up to a month for a response to any of the following questions:-
    • 3 different insurance queries
    • a request for advice regarding a 'variation' risk assessment
    • an answer as to why my pacey-employed DO is allowed to accuse me of "disloyalty" for booking on a private first aid course in preference to a pacey one costing far more money
    • why their telephone advisors cannot listen to a question instead of jumping to conclusions and interrupting with an entirely inappropriate "answer" to a question they haven't has the courtesy to even let me finish asking.

To add insult to injury, in the meantime I received the latest issue of the childcare professional which seems to have dispensed with any sort of useful content and now consists of a series of self-aggrandising articles telling me how great pacey has become.

My patience is beginning to be stretched.

4. Likes moggy, The Juggler liked this post
    Simona Guest

You made me laugh Bunyip...yes I am answering my own post
    At present I feel obliged to put the question to my representing association because that is what I pay them for: to represent me as a cm

I am also seeking answers from other associations and getting a bit more there...but I am patient and persistent
    When my m'ship is due for renewal I will be able to make an informed choice whether to rely on others for information/support or seek it for myself

The new magazine has been renamed Childcare Professional...my choice would have been Who cares??

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just want to say thanks for all your hard work Simona in trying to find some answers and relaying them to us

Simona Guest

This is the reply from pacey (it also includes the response about possible future Ofsted fees already posted in another post), some questions were answered some not...better than nothing

Thanks for your questions, Simona.

To take them one at a time:

NDNA project

PACEY is not involved in NDNA’s work and therefore we can't comment on the project that they’re running. It really is up to NDNA to release information about their project. As and when they do, we will comment, if appropriate.

Withdrawal from joint project with Barnardos

Following initial discussion with Barnardos, we have jointly agreed not to be involved with the project they received funding to deliver, because of DfE funding requirements.

Ofsted registration fees

We're aware that there has been discussion and speculation about registration fees for childminders on social media sites. We understand that such speculation is unsettling and worrying for childminders. However, there has been no official announcement from Ofsted as yet.

We will ensure that, as members of Ofsted's Consultative Forum, PACEY will fully address any changes directly with Ofsted if they are proposed. Please rest assured that once we have any confirmed information that we can share, we will do so with members as soon as we can.

PACEY is firmly committed to the need for individual inspection for childminders and continues to work to share the concerns of members with decision-makers.

I hope this helps to answer your questions.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Simona, not much answered but at least you have a reply!

Simona Guest

It gives me comfort that you have noticed they only answered, or should I say skimmed over, some of the questions and not even from the CEOs...

It appears we obviously do not have the right to be properly represented or informed as we are constantly told that will share when in fact we find out well before them.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Oh dear, Simone - it's coming to something when you're obliged to answer your own threads. I don't think pacey feel the need to clarify or justify anything these days: they just cary on in their own sweet way.

I'd suggest the direct approach and ask pacey HQ, but my own recent experience merely demonstrates that to be a rather futile exercise. I've been waiting anthing up to a month for a response to any of the following questions:-
    • 3 different insurance queries
    • a request for advice regarding a 'variation' risk assessment
    • an answer as to why my pacey-employed DO is allowed to accuse me of "disloyalty" for booking on a private first aid course in preference to a pacey one costing far more money
    • why their telephone advisors cannot listen to a question instead of jumping to conclusions and interrupting with an entirely inappropriate "answer" to a question they haven't has the courtesy to even let me finish asking.

To add insult to injury, in the meantime I received the latest issue of the childcare professional which seems to have dispensed with any sort of useful content and now consists of a series of self-aggrandising articles telling me how great pacey has become.

My patience is beginning to be stretched.

despite my own personal opinions of PACEY already, I am seriously shocked Bunnyip at your lack of responses received to your queries - so well worth your membership money then
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    It gives me comfort that you have noticed they only answered, or should I say skimmed over, some of the questions and not even from the CEOs...

It appears we obviously do not have the right to be properly represented or informed as we are constantly told that will share when in fact we find out well before them.
    To be fair Simona I don't really know what more you expect.

Pacey cannot comment about the NDNA or Barnardos project because as they say they are not involved in it. Why would either of the 2 tell pacey what they were planning. They have replied to the increased ratios not sure what more they could say as its similar to the offical Ofsted response.

CEO's really don't answer general queries they do have people who answer these questions for them.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Simona Guest

FussyElmo...I realise I asked the questions in the wrong way
    As both NDNA and Barnardos are running projects involving cms all I thought was that pacey would have found out what these would mean for cms in future

I have in the past emailed the CEOs directly and got a response but I put it in Local as it seems their way of passing statements
    I have contacted NDNA and Barnardos and I found them willing to share information but I cannot, like pacey would, analyse the impact of the projects

It was worth a try