Nurseries and cms invited to picnic on day of action
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Nurseries and cms invited to picnic on day of action

Finally the event gets press coverage
    Anyone involved?
    If not there will be a debate on twitter (if you are there) using #reclaimearlyyears or#1stjune

Nurseries and childminders invited to picnic on day of action against Truss reforms | Nursery World

Sorry I posted this in the wrong place!
    Last edited by Simona; 29-05-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

ok, maybe I'm alone here. I am passionate about this campaign against Truss, certainly not apathetic but I don't see how a day of picnics is going to change anything
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

3. Likes Mouse, FussyElmo, Wheelybug, AliceK liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    ok, maybe I'm alone here. I am passionate about this campaign against Truss, certainly not apathetic but I don't see how a day of picnics is going to change anything
    Totally agree what a picnic going to do. Certainly not going to reclaim early years

When the teachers went on strike it made the news because they were getting their message across. Is it even going to raise any awareness when there is a group of people having a picnic. What are they going to do shake their baskets.

Sorry but I think this was an opportunity missed to say nothing of the lack of information given.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, a March/Protest on downing street or to a local MP office - but I don't understand how picnics will help. Even if we post photos of people picnicking - what good will that really do. She doesn't listen to constructive arguments, don't think picnics will bother her at all.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    I agree, a March/Protest on downing street or to a local MP office - but I don't understand how picnics will help. Even if we post photos of people picnicking - what good will that really do. She doesn't listen to constructive arguments, don't think picnics will bother her at all.
    She will turn it around with spin and say people are gathering to celebrate
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

7. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read the article and can't quite see what the point is. Apart from that it's on a Saturday and I'm not giving up my weekend for a picnic with a load of kids. I see enough of them through the week

9. Likes The Juggler liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We should have used the opportunity that Children's Day is a Saturday to protest outside Downing street without the children, not do something that the children could attend - picnic in the park, feeble idea

11. Likes The Juggler, AliceK liked this post
    Simona Guest

Hector House ...I like your idea of a protest outside Downing Street but many would have not felt part of it or able to travel to London, at least picnics can be spread across the country with parents invited to join and taking care of their own children!!!

We are really feeling a bit down at present but who knows maybe this protest may work? it may not but having signed petitions, responded to consultations and being totally ignored maybe the actual physical presence may do the trick...worth a try I think...at this stage we have nothing to lose!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Hector House ...I like your idea of a protest outside Downing Street but many would have not felt part of it or able to travel to London, at least picnics can be spread across the country with parents invited to join and taking care of their own children!!!

We are really feeling a bit down at present but who knows maybe this protest may work? it may not but having signed petitions, responded to consultations and being totally ignored maybe the actual physical presence may do the trick...worth a try I think...at this stage we have nothing to lose!
    I think the thought behind it is worthwhile Simona but I don't see how the picnic's show any protest at anything. Even if a few made it to national news - a smaller march on downing street would have made an impact - lots of london and local to london minders - I know everyone wouldn't be able to make it but it would have impact, police would HAVE to be there.

Now, I know I'm saying this not having organised ANYTHING myself but I think the 'call to arms' should have been everyone in one place not individual picnics

14. Likes AliceK liked this post
    Simona Guest

I tried to organize something but there is little interest...so I will be there in thought waving my banner from my bedroom window!!!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I won't do it alone but how many of us on here are up for a London March. At least we all can spread the word to our FB friends and even if there are only 100 of us that will have more impact than a picnic in the park.

17. Likes mum26 liked this post