Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Insurance/contracts help

Hi all,
    I am with pacey for membership and insurance but have a predicament,

I am going to be doing holiday care for some children of which some of the mums are friends of mine and as it is just an odd day do I need to have a contract to be insured for say accidents ets, I'm not bothered about the payment aspect as all are good for the money and are paying in advance but is my insurance valid

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You should have a contract, it is a requirement if you use pacey legal line. To be honest if they are friends I would most definitely do one because sometimes friendships go sour, especially where business is concerned. At least if you have a contract in place you all know where you are and they can't take advantage of you.

You must have all the personal information about each child along with at least 2 emergency contacts.

You must have signed permission forms for each child even if they are siblings.

pre-reg
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So my friend has 3 children so is that 3 contracts even for just 2 days in the holidays?
    Wouldn't mind if the contracts were free!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

yes one each child. Why dont you photocopy a blank contract? they dont need to be the carbon ones if you dont want them to be. Just make sure that the parents get a photocopy of them once they are signed by you all.

Im sure this will be fine but am happy to be corrected if this is not right.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post
    yes one each child. Why dont you photocopy a blank contract? they dont need to be the carbon ones if you dont want them to be. Just make sure that the parents get a photocopy of them once they are signed by you all.

Im sure this will be fine but am happy to be corrected if this is not right.
    sorry this is not okay as the contracts are copy righted and you wouldn't have an original as proof. What does it cost, less than £10, to be covered and you will cover this cost in the first hour.
    Debbie

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

you only need to use pacey contracts if you want to ensure they would help you out in the event of a payment dispute and you wanted to take advantage of their legal help.

This is what pacey say about using their contracts
    A condition of any legal expenses insurance policy is that there must be reasonable prospects (51% or greater) of successfully defending or pursuing an insured incident, which in the case of a contractual dispute means taking into consideration any counter-claim or argument by the parent or guardian. It is therefore recommended that members always use the latest PACEY childminding contracts to maximise the likelihood of succeeding in any future contractual dispute.

pre-reg
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    sorry this is not okay as the contracts are copy righted and you wouldn't have an original as proof. What does it cost, less than £10, to be covered and you will cover this cost in the first hour.
    Hi all,
    Have had an email from pacey that states that public liability is still valid however they can't cover payment disputes which is fine for me as they will be paying up front!

Simona Guest

'They can't cover payments disputes'? so what is the ncma contract for and what does it cover??

'Taking into consideration any counter argument or claim by parents'? now that is confusing ...non payment is non payment so why would a parent argue against that?

I am astounded that, after years and years of being used by cms, there is still much confusion about the basics of the contract
    Maybe time to rewrite the contracts from scratch

having used them for a few months I have now reverted to my own

My advice...always take a 4 weeks deposit in advance and hold that in case of non payment...you are perfectly entitled to do so then refund it when notice is given
    You wouldn't be able to rent a house without a deposit!

pre-reg
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    'They can't cover payments disputes'? so what is the ncma contract for and what does it cover??

'Taking into consideration any counter argument or claim by parents'? now that is confusing ...non payment is non payment so why would a parent argue against that?

I am astounded that, after years and years of being used by cms, there is still much confusion about the basics of the contract
    Maybe time to rewrite the contracts from scratch

having used them for a few months I have now reverted to my own

My advice...always take a 4 weeks deposit in advance and hold that in case of non payment...you are perfectly entitled to do so then refund it when notice is given
    You wouldn't be able to rent a house without a deposit!

They will cover public liability if contracts are not used but won't cover payment disputes, however I will be paid up front so guessing its ok?!