Pacey membership number. Am I going mad?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pacey membership number. Am I going mad?

I have just signed up with pacey and paid the fee. I can't login to the members area however for failure to find my membership number. I have only been emailed a payment receipt from sage payment. Am I missing something?

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you literally have just signed up think you will not receive anything more before tomorrow - hopefully you will get your membership number tomorrow

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to phone and chase them before I got my membership details. Try giving them a ring. I think i was told over the phone what the details were.

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I got an email with the details today (so a day after I signed up) just incase anyone else is wondering about theirs. I haven't been able to use the vacancy matching service though as it says this will take 24 hours to unlock.

5. Likes christine e liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by itsybitsyteeny View Post
    I got an email with the details today (so a day after I signed up) just incase anyone else is wondering about theirs. I haven't been able to use the vacancy matching service though as it says this will take 24 hours to unlock.
    I had an issue with the vacancy matching service. I didn't get it until about 2 weeks later despite chasing. TBH got zilch from it

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Which advertising avenues served you best? I am on childcare.co.uk, local mumsnet childcare board and gumtree - worth a try!

I have just returned the family information service form to appear on their database although that's pretty standard. It is so hard when you are waiting for the phone to ring.. Hoping I have done the right thing!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by itsybitsyteeny View Post
    Which advertising avenues served you best? I am on childcare.co.uk, local mumsnet childcare board and gumtree - worth a try!

I have just returned the family information service form to appear on their database although that's pretty standard. It is so hard when you are waiting for the phone to ring.. Hoping I have done the right thing!
    I thought as soon as I got my certificate that the phone would start to ring but it didn't. My first mindees were known to my wife, so that gave me a nice start. Another found me through childcare.co.uk and another came from a childminder who was leaving town.

For me word of mouth has been the best way to find children, going to toddler groups etc. I also posted on my local website which has a free classifieds section. They also asked me to do an article which was also emailed to 2300 in the local community!

I haven't got anything through FIS but keep asking them if there are any enquiries as your name goes to the top of the list. Keep them updated with your availability as well.

I basically tried to get on every website I could find when I typed 'childminder' into google as this what a prospective parent might do. My philosophy was, I might as well sign up for everything as you never know, especially if it's free!

Basically you have to get yourself known in the local community because as I said, word of mouth is the best method of finding children.

Good luck

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

PACEY - put in as much information as you can - silver is free and gold is £7 a month which allows you to add more information and photo's. You can cancel gold once you full if you go down that route. I have had 7 enquiries and got 6 of them so it is worth doing.

childcare.co.uk - keep searching and contacting parents - a lot of the time they don't come back

Keep changing you details with FIS as you name goes to the top of the list with each change - see if you can do it my email and it won't take as long as posting

Once you get one they seem to come like buses - good luck
    Debbie