Childminder: should our title stay or go?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow Blakes 7 I loved that. I had a huge crush on Avon

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

And look at the uniforms we could have

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...87256280_n.jpg
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

3. Likes Chatterbox Childcare, bunyip liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I got one:-

Bunyip's
    Advanced
    Baby-to-
    Youth
    Service
    Independently
    Trading
    Through
    Educational
    Regulations

Does anybody else like the acronym?

5. Likes loocyloo, hectors house, RuthJ, AgentTink liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    I got one:-

Bunyip's
    Advanced
    Baby-to-
    Youth
    Service
    Independently
    Trading
    Through
    Educational
    Regulations

Does anybody else like the acronym?

7. Likes lilac_dragon liked this post
    jan 85
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    The discussions were based on two questions:

1. should childminder stay? if so why?
    (those I discussed this with and said yes also stressed it had to have 'registered' in front)

2. should we have a different name? if so why?

There was the opportunity to come up with suggestions and some were mentioned to reflect the rebranding...I think one suggestion was 'professional early years educator'...in this case I agree with Sarah no one will call us that and we will remain cms?

The question of being a 'babysitter' came up and this is seen as a perception...up to us to dispel that myth??
    I agree with Mouse that we need to be 'Ofsted Registered cms' to distinguish us from the agency ones

The notes we made were left behind for ncma to look at.
    The London event was a PACEY Local event and the Greater London forum amalgamated into one, there are 4 of those

My view, and it is my view, is that I am happy with 'registered cm' because it means I am home based but part of the EY workforce that includes nannies, nursery practitioners, CCentre workers etc etc

The main reason for me is that as cms we are practitioners and also 'providers' of services and self employed, therefore run our business while nursery workers are practitioners who are employed by a provider...their nursery!
    Totally my interpretation but works for me and reflected in my 'copyright' paperwork, documentation and accounts.

David Fitzgerald (DfE) reinforced that agencies are not compulsory...so totally agree with Sarah again we need to reassure cms they do not have to join an agency
    It remains unclear whether new cms will have to go via an agency to register which triggers the 2nd question: who registers the new cms that Barnardo's and ncma are recruiting??

Do LAs know what is happening? yes they do...they may not be very engaging but I feel it is time for them to accept that one of their legal duties, which could be removed soon, is that of info sharing
    I have approached my LA on several occasions and can now see some sort of engagement...we have a meeting soon where cms will be able to raise all the issues they want...many will fall from the clouds while others will be well informed

I urge you all not to give up and if you have a network but you are not in it please make sure there are no plans being made around those cms and non network cms left behind
    My LA have organised 2 such meetings, both on Thursday afternoons - absolutely useless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12