Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default ncma/pacey contracts clarification from pacey

I have received an email from Jon Hinchmore at pacey regarding the validity of contracts with the ncma logo on them and have copied and pasted below

Both NCMA and PACEY contracts are valid. The contract is between the childminder and the parent, the logo on the paper is basically irrelevant to this. The reason we suggest that you review your contracts every twelve months is that it is best business practice to do so; if you decide that nothing has changed and that no new contract is required then as the business owner that is entirely up to you.

However, clauses do change and you should always ensure you are up-to-date - again, hence the twelve month recommendation. Some childminders are still using contracts that haven't been reviewed or changed for years - legally these are still valid, but should it ever come to a court situation they might find themselves at a disadvantage because clauses and technicalities have moved on. However, you will receive legal support from PACEY regardless.

If you wish to print off PACEY stickers to cover the NCMA logos on existing contracts it is personal choice, but it will have no bearing on the legality of the document either way.

I have also passed on everyone's suggestions regarding updates to the contracts, thanks for these - feedback on PACEY products is always welcomed.

PACEY members can access legal advice and support via MyPACEY<http://local.**************/conversation/ask/my-business/f/384/p/5773/reply.aspx/MyPACEY>

And I for one have no more to say on this subject

2. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for passing on the official word Christine E

Simona Guest

Thank goodness for that...the message has been on ncma local since 4 April when Jon replied after my original post/enquiry and clarified!!
    If you check it you will also find the questions posed in addition to the validity/brand/stickers/renewal etc etc etc

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Christine for sharing that

Angel xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    Thanks Christine for sharing that

Angel xx
    Brilliant now to get an answer on how they will represent us if we don't use their contracts. No replies needed, I am still asking
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Brilliant now to get an answer on how they will represent us if we don't use their contracts. No replies needed, I am still asking 
    Hope you get your answers Debbie

Angel xx

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you this is really helpful!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for putting the work in on that Christine . We now need a big link back to this thread every time the server detects the words "pacey" "NMCA" and "contract" in any post.

......or possibly not, as this post will then create a massive feedback loop and bring the worldwide web crashing down around my ankles. oops!

10. Likes christine e liked this post