Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Old NCMA contracts

Are they only going to be valid for 12 months? I stupidly ordered some not that long ago after an influx of interest and nothing has ended up coming of it! So now I have 1 left in 1 pack and a brand new pack of 6 untouched. I cant see how I'm going to use these within a year.

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=tigwig;1235136]Are they only going to be valid for 12 months? I stupidly ordered some not that long ago after an influx of interest and nothing has ended up coming of it! So now I have 1 left in 1 pack and a brand new pack of 6 untouched. I cant see how I'm going to use these within

They will still be valid beyond 12 months - please log in to 'My PACEY' Products - Q & A (link below) PACEY recommends you update your contracts every 12 months but it is not compulsory

http://www.**************/Mypacey/Lo...2383&page=2383

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=christine e;1235145]
    Quote Originally Posted by tigwig View Post
    Are they only going to be valid for 12 months? I stupidly ordered some not that long ago after an influx of interest and nothing has ended up coming of it! So now I have 1 left in 1 pack and a brand new pack of 6 untouched. I cant see how I'm going to use these within

They will still be valid beyond 12 months - please log in to 'My PACEY' Products - Q & A (link below) PACEY recommends you update your contracts every 12 months but it is not compulsory

http://www.**************/Mypacey/Lo...2383&page=2383
    Ok well it looks like I have been ********** out which is making it difficult for me to direct you to the answer but not to be defeated please log in to 'My PACEY' and then put products questions and answers into the search box - in fact I am going to copy and paste the answer for you cos this ****** out is really p****** me off
    Q: Will my contracts be valid?

A: Yes, your contracts will be valid. However, we would recommend that you update your contracts annually to ensure that the information contained within is accurate and up-to-date.

Post Thanks / Like

Are they only going to be valid for 12 months? I stupidly ordered some not that long ago after an influx of interest and nothing has ended up coming of it! So now I have 1 left in 1 pack and a brand new pack of 6 untouched. I cant see how I'm going to use these within a year.
    Thanks for asking its something I've been wondering also.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks its good to know.

Simona Guest

The saga of the validity of ncma contracts goes on and on
    Please NPF reps....maybe you would ask ncma to issue a statement about this or maybe put it on ncma local as an official clarification
    what you are saying here differs from advice given by the legal dept and m'ship dept

An official clarification would be greatly appreciated

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    The saga of the validity of ncma contracts goes on and on
    Please NPF reps....maybe you would ask ncma to issue a statement about this or maybe put it on ncma local as an official clarification
    what you are saying here differs from advice given by the legal dept and m'ship dept

An official clarification would be greatly appreciated

Simona this is what is published on the website - why are you doubting this?

Simona Guest

I have discussed this in detail here and also spoken to the m'ship dept and legal dept 4 times...if it was clear cms would stop asking questions?? but they are not
    What I have decided to do is use my ncma contracts 'without a pacey' sticker and that is the end of the debate for me...others will choose to do as they like
    In sept when my m'ship comes up for renewal I will take my next step...stay and buy new rebranded contracts or go
    I also feel this is a matter for debate in ncma local where the right people can respond directly without sending messages

Thank you for trying to resolve

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Simona - each time you talk to the legal department and post I challenge them again. I am getting the same answer from the help and legal line

"whilst it is good practice to review and update your contracts annually, contracts are legally binding until they are cancelled"
    Debbie

10. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to say thanks for trying to clarify this issue, you have saved me time and energy!

I have decided to continue with the NCMA ones (without PACEY logo) for existing clients until next January, with a view to having bespoke ones in place with MM PLI thereafter.

Unless of course another (as yet unknown) alternative should appear in the meantime....

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post
    Just to say thanks for trying to clarify this issue, you have saved me time and energy!

I have decided to continue with the NCMA ones (without PACEY logo) for existing clients until next January, with a view to having bespoke ones in place with MM PLI thereafter.

Unless of course another (as yet unknown) alternative should appear in the meantime....
    I am also using my Ncma contracts which are 3 years old and I am not putting PACEY stickers on them
    Debbie

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I'm a little confused now. I understand my NCMA contracts that are in use for existing parents are valid after 12 mths but its the pack I've recently bought I'm questioning. 6 of them that I have not used. Are these ok for an unlimited amount of time even now?

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry I'm a little confused now. I understand my NCMA contracts that are in use for existing parents are valid after 12 mths but its the pack I've recently bought I'm questioning. 6 of them that I have not used. Are these ok for an unlimited amount of time even now?
    In my opinion yes

15. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You can carry on using your contracts for as long as you like. Unless you put on a Contract that it ends on a certain date it stays valid until the day that you or your parent terminate. That could be in 6 months or 5 years. The fact that they have NCMA on them has nothing to do with it, they could have Father Christmas brand on them for all it matters.

It is considered good practice to regularly review all your Contracts and on page 4 of the new NCMA Contracts there is space to do this as there was space on page 3 of the old ones. However if nothing changes in the arrangements between you and the parent there is no need to change it. It might be good practice also to change the contracts if they are updated like when they went from the 3 page one to the 4 page one. I did this as and when my existing parents changed days or hours so eventually they were all on the new 4 page contracts which was over a year after the Contacts had been printed.

My understanding is that pacey will be doing stickers for those who want to cover the NCMA branding.

Please don't panic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    You can carry on using your contracts for as long as you like. Unless you put on a Contract that it ends on a certain date it stays valid until the day that you or your parent terminate. That could be in 6 months or 5 years. The fact that they have NCMA on them has nothing to do with it, they could have Father Christmas brand on them for all it matters.

It is considered good practice to regularly review all your Contracts and on page 4 of the new NCMA Contracts there is space to do this as there was space on page 3 of the old ones. However if nothing changes in the arrangements between you and the parent there is no need to change it. It might be good practice also to change the contracts if they are updated like when they went from the 3 page one to the 4 page one. I did this as and when my existing parents changed days or hours so eventually they were all on the new 4 page contracts which was over a year after the Contacts had been printed.

My understanding is that pacey will be doing stickers for those who want to cover the NCMA branding.

Please don't panic.
    I agree don't panic and as I understand it at the moment what RS and chatterbox are saying is correct

Angel xx

18. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

The way I see it. It's just a change of name. It's still the same organisation. If the name was so important they they would re-issue our Public Liability certificates. And that would be a waste of paper.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

20. Likes christine e, rickysmiths liked this post