Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick question about PACEY charges please

Trying to work out my finances for this month - can someone tell me how much the Annual membership with liability is from PACEY is please? I have had no reminder but I know its due this month. I did have a dd saying that a dd would be taken for £5 but that is the employers liability that I've had added so it should be £5 plus the rest!
    Can anyone help me - I've taken a week off this week and don't get paid so money's a bit tight. should have thought about it a bit better really with my annual bills due!

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Just paid mine.

Membership £55
    PLI £26.29

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelion View Post
    Trying to work out my finances for this month - can someone tell me how much the Annual membership with liability is from PACEY is please? I have had no reminder but I know its due this month. I did have a dd saying that a dd would be taken for £5 but that is the employers liability that I've had added so it should be £5 plus the rest!
    Can anyone help me - I've taken a week off this week and don't get paid so money's a bit tight. should have thought about it a bit better really with my annual bills due!
    If money is tight, just do PLI and shop around for it.

In my opinion, PACEY are not properly representing CMs at the moment (see other threads). If I was due to renew membership now, I would not bother!

Post Thanks / Like

see thread:
    Unemployed to be trained as childminders by PACEY
    They are due to make a statement this week, but it looks like they are undermining existing dedicated CMs, colluding with Truss and stupid government ideas....
    Oh and creaming off £120 million in grants, while our LAs are being deconstructed...
    Have always been an NCMA member, but disillusioned doesn't even start to cover it.... :-(

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SammySplodger View Post

In my opinion, PACEY are not properly representing CMs at the moment (see other threads). If I was due to renew membership now, I would not bother!
    But thats your personal opinion - the question was how much it costed not poeples views.

I know that things are up in the air but adding in personal opinion and conjecture doesn't help the ops.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    But thats your personal opinion - the question was how much it costed not poeples views.

I know that things are up in the air but adding in personal opinion and conjecture doesn't help the ops.
    Do you know how much it is Fussy

I'm with mm so unsure of the cost now

Angel xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

see thread:
    Unemployed to be trained as childminders by PACEY
    They are due to make a statement this week, but it looks like they are undermining existing dedicated CMs, colluding with Truss and stupid government ideas....
    Oh and creaming off £120 million in grants, while our LAs are being deconstructed...
    Have always been an NCMA member, but disillusioned doesn't even start to cover it.... :-(
    Sorry I have had to reply to this - do you actually know what PACEY do and what is happening?

We can all only go on what has been printed about the grants and new way of training childminders as PACEY hasn't released anything yet but you are making ludicrus comments. I may sound rude but people actually read this and think what you have written is fact and whilst I appreciate this is your opinion, others may not.

Colluding with TRUSS, PACEY don't even support her recommendations on being an agency and are being slated because they won't be part of the panel who initially draw up the model.

Creaming off money - laughable as they are accountable the same as any other organisation - if NCMA employed DO's then it is because the Local Authorities paid them too. If the LA's removed the funding then NCMA has no other option that to remove the service. It is not NCMA's action that removed the funding, so I would suggest if your LA has removed it then you should be directing your frustrations at them. My LA is supporting childminders and we have 2 excellent DO's plus a supporting network but unfortunately some LA's have directed their funding elsewhere, so who is actually at fault? Not NCMA/PACEY in my view.

Now to put my own personal positive slant on the proposed new venture with the Government - there are hundreds of thousands of disadvantaged 2 year olds in the country and by September 2015 everyone of them should have access to 15 hours of free entitlement. Who is going to give it? new people are needed. If PACEY are in at ground roots then they can train people to a good/outstanding standard (see their Professional Standards if you haven't already for an idea of what they expect) and we should have a good workforce. Does it matter where these people come from? I never had any idea about childmidning until I had my own children but that didn't make me "unsuitable".

I think everyone should stop slamming PACEY for something they haven't even announced yet, look at the positives and give a professional outlook to the profession.

rant over .....

Note that this is just my opinion
    Debbie

8. Likes rickysmiths, christine e liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Sorry I have had to reply to this - do you actually know what PACEY do and what is happening?

We can all only go on what has been printed about the grants and new way of training childminders as PACEY hasn't released anything yet but you are making ludicrus comments. I may sound rude but people actually read this and think what you have written is fact and whilst I appreciate this is your opinion, others may not.

Colluding with TRUSS, PACEY don't even support her recommendations on being an agency and are being slated because they won't be part of the panel who initially draw up the model.

Creaming off money - laughable as they are accountable the same as any other organisation - if NCMA employed DO's then it is because the Local Authorities paid them too. If the LA's removed the funding then NCMA has no other option that to remove the service. It is not NCMA's action that removed the funding, so I would suggest if your LA has removed it then you should be directing your frustrations at them. My LA is supporting childminders and we have 2 excellent DO's plus a supporting network but unfortunately some LA's have directed their funding elsewhere, so who is actually at fault? Not NCMA/PACEY in my view.

Now to put my own personal positive slant on the proposed new venture with the Government - there are hundreds of thousands of disadvantaged 2 year olds in the country and by September 2015 everyone of them should have access to 15 hours of free entitlement. Who is going to give it? new people are needed. If PACEY are in at ground roots then they can train people to a good/outstanding standard (see their Professional Standards if you haven't already for an idea of what they expect) and we should have a good workforce. Does it matter where these people come from? I never had any idea about childmidning until I had my own children but that didn't make me "unsuitable".

I think everyone should stop slamming PACEY for something they haven't even announced yet, look at the positives and give a professional outlook to the profession.

rant over .....

Note that this is just my opinion
    I am so glad you have posted. That /postthread annoyed me as well. Like you I knew very little about childminding when I became one, I had no training not even First Aid to start with, shock horror, and whats more I was an out of work mum Golly its a wonder I have turned into the childminder I have nearly 20 years on isn't it. Never less than a good inspection and the last two with outstandings, Quality Accredited by my County, Level 3 Diploma Children and the Young People's Workforce plus countless other training along the way.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do you suggest 'shopping' around for PLI? As far as I am aware only Pacey and Morton Michel offer it at present and MM costs approx £44 when I last looked.

Pacey have always represented Childminders and still actively do. Just because they don't shout from the roof tops every time they do something does not mean they aren't doing it. Sometimes you achieve more if you eat away steadily in the background.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried pla for pli not sure of their costs but sure I saw an article saying the pre school learning alliance or the alliance as it is now offer pli for childminders.

Post Thanks / Like

This is just my personal opinion of PACEY and I am perfectly entitled to express it. I have been a member for 3 years I am currently feeling very annoyed and let down by them. I await their response next week.

If the OP wishes to save money, I was pointing out that there is (at least) one other option which might be cheaper.

I have also read about others offering PLI, now that the CM 'market' seems to have been opened in recent weeks. Not had chance to research yet personally though.

13. Likes barbarella68 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have also read about others offering PLI, now that the CM 'market' seems to have been opened in recent weeks. Not had chance to research yet personally though.
    I am not aware of any options other than Morton Michel and Pacey at the moment for childminder PLI.

Pacey £81.00 for PLI and membership of Pacey

Morton Michel £44 for PLI

Hth

Simona Guest

Chatterbox I don't think that asking ncma for an explanation of their new initiative is the same as 'slamming' them as you describe
    Members are entitled to know what ncma will do to represent us...hence the m'ship fee
    Until yesterday we knew ncma is against agencies, has refused to develop the agency model and are representing independent cms
    Some are unhappy at the widening of the m'ship and rebranding but, in my view, we may come to live with this...only time will tell

you are an NPF rep therefore your view may be a 'little bias'?...you also shape 'policy' on behalf of cms members of ncma, you cannot be surprised that this new initiative has caught ncma unaware and that we now need clarification...that is a democratic process which you must allow to happen as well as questions being asked

I am rather concerned if as NPF rep you are not aware of this initiative?
    that would worry me very much as we entrust NPF to inform policy as elected reps??
    I am not happy at many things but still hold my m'ship with ncma and will only leave when I feel they do not represent me to the best they can or to my advantage

I am also a committee member for my area so do know a little of what is going on???
    Anyone renewing their m'ship or looking for one can and must shop around...if things don't work then next time they can move on

NCMA m'ship for new members also adds £15 joining fee which makes it £ 96 or thereabouts
    UKCMA offer membership at £6.99 per month (£83.88) but not PLI, they refer to MM
    ******* offer both...check their website
    PLA m'ship is £35 but no PLI at present (they told me last friday they will announce full package in June) + £££thousands of free training
    Last edited by Simona; 06-04-2013 at 04:31 PM.

16. Likes barbarella68 liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post

Do you know how much it is Fussy

I'm with mm so unsure of the cost now

Angel xx
    No idea about 80 all in for pacey I think
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Chatterbox I don't think that asking ncma for an explanation of their new initiative is the same as 'slamming' them as you describe
    Members are entitled to know what ncma will do to represent us...hence the m'ship fee
    Until yesterday we knew ncma is against agencies, has refused to develop the agency model and are representing independent cms
    Some are unhappy at the widening of the m'ship and rebranding but, in my view, we may come to live with this...only time will tell

you are an NPF rep therefore your view may be a 'little bias'?...you also shape 'policy' on behalf of cms members of ncma, you cannot be surprised that this new initiative has caught ncma unaware and that we now need clarification...that is a democratic process which you must allow to happen as well as questions being asked

I am rather concerned if as NPF rep you are not aware of this initiative?
    that would worry me very much as we entrust NPF to inform policy as elected reps??
    I am not happy at many things but still hold my m'ship with ncma and will only leave when I feel they do not represent me to the best they can or to my advantage

I am also a committee member for my area so do know a little of what is going on???
    Anyone renewing their m'ship or looking for one can and must shop around...if things don't work then next time they can move on

NCMA m'ship for new members also adds £15 joining fee which makes it £ 96 or thereabouts
    UKCMA offer membership at £6.99 per month (£83.88) but not PLI, they refer to MM
    ******* offer both...check their website
    PLA m'ship is £35 but no PLI at present (they told me last friday they will announce full package in June) + £££thousands of free training
    Simona - just because we are volunteers doesn't me we know the day to day running and planning of PACEY.

I don't have any idea what this is about and I am waiting for PACEY to advise, until then I don't have an opinion.

I am not slamming anyone or anything, just giving my personal opinion as others do but when others posts are edited after I reply I can see why it looks that way

As far as I am aware there are NO plans for PACEY to become an agency, just the opposite (see their release on this on the website)
    Debbie

Simona Guest

I never said ncma are an agency but they are doing what the govt allows the 'many agency models' to do and one of them is recruit new cms...please read the small print and the CYPN article again

There is a vast difference between being a volunteer, which I am, and an NPF rep which I believe you are..if you are not then my apologies!
    We the members elect NPF to represent our views...if NPF are ignored then I will question why and will do so directly to the CEOs and not via a forum
    Also please go on ncma local and read the posts there

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    I never said ncma are an agency but they are doing what the govt allows the 'many agency models' to do and one of them is recruit new cms...please read the small print and the CYPN article again

There is a vast difference between being a volunteer, which I am, and an NPF rep which I believe you are..if you are not then my apologies!
    We the members elect NPF to represent our views...if NPF are ignored then I will question why and will do so directly to the CEOs and not via a forum
    Also please go on ncma local and read the posts there
    Simona this is an open forum and I am not prepared to discuss PACEY information on here. I will PM you
    Debbie