How long is a contract valid for?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Simona Guest

I feel PACEY and MM are rather different...one is a representing association the other a company that sells insurance
    Yes you are right that both have good and bad points (can't compare myself because I have always been with NCMA)..as our choice is to be widened it is definetely worth debating as things will never be the same for cms in future

Maybe being serious reflects the mood we are in ...confused and a tiny bit frightened of the unknown??

Re: Contracts...Looks like you may have an updated version...I purchased mine recently and I feel PACEY should update some of the info.
    This is what I posted on PACEY Local for those interested who cannot access it:

'Thank you for making the enquiry...I also contacted the support dept and discussed this matter further having spoken to the helpline and legal dept last week but received conflicting advice

I feel we need to have further clarification...I am not the only one debating this and getting a bit confused

Renewing contracts every year is 'good practice' but if hours, fees and attendance have not changed a review is unnecessary...the support dept confirmed this
    Parents in the past have asked why a new contract when nothing has changed?

What would really help is if the contracts had a review page that both parties could sign confirming the contract carries on because nothing has changed
    It seems a waste of time/money issuing a new contract when everything is copied as before

A review is not necessarily about hours/fees/attendance but possibly different requirements which are not stated in the contract...
    so a review can take place without the need to issue a new contract...any changing requirements would be noted in a child's own folder?

If a contract with NCMA logo is used in Sept 2013 will that logo affect the validity in March 2014 a year after the rebranding?

My recently purchased contracts still have old information on it such as the old information line number which can be used by parents
    The contract has no reference whatsover to Compliance under Ofsted and EYFS requirements which form part of the Terms and Conditions of registration and law and which we have to add in a separate piece of paperwork and constantly update

The information on a 'deposit' is rather unclear.
    A deposit is paid to safeguard the childminder from late payments, which are now very much a worry to many.
    A deposit is fully refundable when appropriate notice has been provided in writing, the notice period served and all outstanding fees paid...not clear at all but this advice received from my solicitor

Free legal representation is only available when parents owe more than £100...why? non payment is a serious breach of contract however small the sum may be
    It should also be made clear at what point the cm can withdraw care when unpaid

We consistently update our practice but it looks like this contract has remained the same for years, in my view, it needs an update.

The NCMA contract complies with DfES Standard No 12...that is a very long time ago as we have had the DCSF and now the DfE

It is also stated that the contract is devised by NCMA to assist best practice. If we have any doubts about it we need to consult a solicitor.

Last but not least a contract should have an agreement by both parties to be respecful and professional ...
    I fear that many parents often behave in a manner totally unacceptable and abusive so a Code of Practice would be welcome as cms have no one to witness such behaviour or able to stop it as we work on our own'' (End)

I doubt I will get a reply but worth waiting for one!
    Last edited by Simona; 02-04-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are completely missing my point Simona

My remark was purely tongue in cheek .....light hearted ....cheeky comment .....the way I usually am when members complain to me that this is scary and soooo serious all the time ...... I tried to lighten the mood as I always do !!

I don't need you dictating to me about what each insurance company does ...I'm not stupid or thick and I really did not need you explaining it!

I've been with both insurance companies ....have you? So I have experience of both ...have you?

But what really matters to me is that the insurance company that I have .... delivers what I want and it does

Light hearted banter to lighten the mood never hurt anyone ....if you knew the members as I do then maybe you would understand that

I won't comment on this again

If you wish to discuss it then message me please

Angel xx

Simona Guest

I won't Dm as there is nothing to debate

Apologies if you felt I was dictating to you...I was not and never meant to
    There are new cms on this forum asking for advice about insurance in other posts so I explained the difference...I did start the reply by saying 'I feel' making clear it was my view

Simona Guest

For those interested in receiving clarification on the serious matter of contract, validity and brand...the request has been posted on PACEY Local in the hope the m'ship dept will clarify where the NPF member has not been able to so far....until then we can only wait
    Thanks for your all your contributions

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    For those interested in receiving clarification on the serious matter of contract, validity and brand...the request has been posted on PACEY Local in the hope the m'ship dept will clarify where the NPF member has not been able to so far....until then we can only wait
    Thanks for your all your contributions
    Simona - I am NPF and I have clarified it - numerous times. you just won't have it

Contracts are valid until they are cancelled. FULL STOP - no questions - that is it. Can't make it any clearer can I?

Look on the last page under the review date and it is stated in the contract.
    Debbie

6. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Simona Guest

AARRGGHH...you just don't get it ...do you?
    my question was not about that (both depts. did get it though) and has said I have sorted it now...please stop making new posts about contracts...my head is spinning now!

I am truly thinking of binning them now and just use my own!!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I contacted PACEY again this morning...not the helpline, not the legal dept but the dept that offers support to cms.
    I asked about the contract and its validity depending on which logo is on the one we use now and in a year's time...that dept will contact the legal dept and put out some information to clarify all this so it is in black and white

I also posted the question on PACEY Local and suggetsed clarification should be posted on there for all to see and refer to...

With regards to renewing a contract every 6 months or every year I was informed it is 'good practice' to do so but not necessary if nothing has changed such as fees, days of attendace or hours...I am fairly happy with that
    What would be good is if a contract had a special 'review' section which we could sign again and consider that a review when no other details need reviewing....if you know what I mean?
    Page 4 of the current NCMA Contracts has a review section. Ncma Contracts have had this on them for years!

Simona Guest

Double AARRGGHH...that is not the point I was trying to clarify!!!!!!!!!!...please I think my English is not that bad after years of practice....even the m'ship dept said they would take the suggestions to the powers that be for future consideration...lets leave it you are happy and I am too!!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Double AARRGGHH...that is not the point I was trying to clarify!!!!!!!!!!...please I think my English is not that bad after years of practice....even the m'ship dept said they would take the suggestions to the powers that be for future consideration...lets leave it you are happy and I am too!!
    I am sorry Simona but you clearly stated in your post :

What would be good is if a contract had a special 'review' section which we could sign again and consider that a review when no other details need reviewing....if you know what I mean?

I was just saying that this is already done on page 4 and has always been done on the Ncma contracts. I don't see what you are getting at or the point of making the statement if you don't mean it. It just serves to confuse people about something that already happens.

The same thing over the Contracts. They have an NCMA logo on them that is all it could say Father Christmas for all it matters and it has no effect on ther Contract itself. It just frightens people to even come on a forum like this and even suggest such a thing frankly.

The only thing that is useful that you have said regarding contracts is that it is good practice to review them on a regular basis.

If you are really concerned that you have contracts with Ncma on them when the organization is now called pacey I suggest you purchase some of the stickers they have said they will be selling and apply them to your Contracts and then they will be fine because they will have pacey on them.

I'm sorry but what a fuss about nothing. People have better things to do with there time than answer silly questions like this. I should think they love you at pacey at the minute!!!

I'm sorry to be so blunt but this has annoyed me.

Simona Guest

I will not reply anymore as you are not getting the point...I have sorted it out and WILL NOT USE ANY STICKERS...my choice and professional judgement for obvious reasons!
    My contract only has 3 pages so not sure what you are referring to...
    it may be a 'fuss' to you but you must respect other cms concerns and ...shall we leave it at that?...you do your thing I do mine.
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

I will not reply anymore as you are not getting the point...I have sorted it out and WILL NOT USE ANY STICKERS...my choice and professional judgement for obvious reasons!
    it may be a 'fuss' to you but you must respect other cms concerns and ...shall we leave it at that?...you do your thing I do mine.
    Thank you
    Simona I don't think anyone is getting at you ..

You say we must respect other cm concerns but don't you understand you are putting the concerns there in the first place ?

It seems that contracts are valid until they are cancelled

Maybe this subject should be closed for now ...until we have more concrete evidence

Otherwise we are going round and round in circles

Angel xx

13. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Simona Guest

Absolutely and totally agree with you...I never thought someone was getting at me just a question of respecting people's opinion and right to question!
    subject closed and let cms decide what is best for them... that is why they are in charge of their business and do what suits them best?

in reply to the statement 'pacey must love you' by rickysmith ...I am not looking for love but representation and clarification...that is what I pay them for!!
    Sorry to everyone bored by the subject ...lets move on to more challenging topics
    Last edited by Simona; 07-04-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely and totally agree with you...I never thought someone was getting at me just a question of respecting people's opinion and right to question!
    subject closed and let cms decide what is best for them... that is why they are in charge of their business and do what suits them best?

in reply to the statement 'pacey must love you' by rickysmith ...I am not looking for love but representation and clarification...that is what I pay them for!!
    Sorry to everyone bored by the subject ...lets move on to more challenging topics
    It's a great topic no one is bored

We just don't want to worry anyone more than we need

You have strong views and they are respected

It's no good us all arguing with each other ...comments can come across wrong here ...so again we need to come across in a calm respectful manner to each other

Let us know if you do get any confirmation regarding this

Angel xx

Jun 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I'm closing this thread and am never coming back to it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by welshgirl View Post
    Wow! I'm closing this thread and am never coming back to it!
    Only us mods can close the thread or the original poster can request it

Don't worry things are up in arms but members are fine now

We will wait for confirmation on any updates

Hope you had a good weekend Welshgirl

Angel xx

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post

It's a great topic no one is bored

We just don't want to worry anyone more than we need

You have strong views and they are respected

It's no good us all arguing with each other ...comments can come across wrong here ...so again we need to come across in a calm respectful manner to each other

Let us know if you do get any confirmation regarding this

Angel xx
    Well said angel x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you

Simona with the greatest of respect I am even more confused. You have said several times that you use your own Contracts not NCMA ones so you wouldn't need or want to use pacey stickers on them?

The NCMA Contracts changed from a 3 page Contract to a 4 page Contract when they were revised by NCMA 2 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Simona with the greatest of respect I am even more confused. You have said several times that you use your own Contracts not NCMA ones so you wouldn't need or want to use pacey stickers on them?

The NCMA Contracts changed from a 3 page Contract to a 4 page Contract when they were revised by NCMA 2 years ago.
    Think it's best to leave the subject now RS I understand where your coming from but this is getting us no where now

Angel xx

21. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Simona Guest

No I have said I use my own plus ncma for legal 'protection'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123