Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: PACEY hmmmmm

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PACEY hmmmmm

I signed up to PACEY yesterday and they kindly took two lots of membership at £94 from my already drained bank account and I've had to ring them again today to ask where my membership details are, only to be told that their system has a glitch "we did change our name over the weekend" and i will have to wait.
    So I've paid for a service that I'm unable to access... Not too impressed

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

They charged me for a stationery order that never arrived recently. When I called to enquire, they denied all knowledge/record of the order. I reversed the charge via my credit company and guess what? NCMA phoned to ask why I'd made the charge-back!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you sorted now?
    Debbie

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

It's taken until today and several phone calls from me for them to sort their systems out. They seemed to think that telling me "we've changed our branding this week" was a good enough explanation or dare I say apology?!!
    Anyway, I am now a PACEY member!

apr1998
    Post Thanks / Like

Default pacey

I'm going to be really thick now but what is PACEY ??

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the new NCMA

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post
    I'm going to be really thick now but what is PACEY ??
    New name for the NCMA now membership is open to everyone in the early years workforce. Stands for Professional Association of Childcare and Early Years (if I've remembered rightly!)

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Being a bit slow, I've just worked out that I now need to replace the NCMA logo with that puerile new PACEY one on a lot of my documents and templates. I also have to revisit all my policies again, editing for the name change.

This is the fourth time in 6 months that I've have to edit and reprint my policies (September = 'new improved' EYFS; January = response to Ofsted's output of clarifications/factsheets; January again = new certificate issued; March = NCMA/PACEY rebranding.)

Do you think there's any chance of charging my time and stationery to PACEY?

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Being a bit slow, I've just worked out that I now need to replace the NCMA logo with that puerile new PACEY one on a lot of my documents and templates. I also have to revisit all my policies again, editing for the name change.

This is the fourth time in 6 months that I've have to edit and reprint my policies (September = 'new improved' EYFS; January = response to Ofsted's output of clarifications/factsheets; January again = new certificate issued; March = NCMA/PACEY rebranding.)

Do you think there's any chance of charging my time and stationery to PACEY?
    I only got my membership pack full of paperwork with the NCMA logo in February! On their website they say it is fine to use the old paperwork, so I'm going to do so until forms runs out/ policies are due for review. Not keen on the new name/ logo...

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a nice new sticker for the car in their latest mag. Not sure if I can use it seeing that I don't have any NVQ's :-(
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    Got a nice new sticker for the car in their latest mag. Not sure if I can use it seeing that I don't have any NVQ's :-(
    Eh? Are they saying you need NVQ's? I should put your Ofsted outstanding logo next to the sticker then

12. Likes Ripeberry, Bluebell liked this post
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lisbet View Post
    Eh? Are they saying you need NVQ's? I should put your Ofsted outstanding logo next to the sticker then
    That's an idea. But it makes you feel like you need a piece of paper to be 'professional'.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely as we are child careers by profession the we are professional child carers we don't need to be qualified to be a professional

15. Likes christine e liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

"Professional" - now there's an over-abused word.

Simona Guest

It looks to me as if shortly cms will have a choice of 4 representing associations to choose from...they will all do things differently and charge differently and hopefully compete as to the services they offer cms and compete on prices too...I wonder how the landscape will look like after Sept 2013 and Sept 2014 when agencies are up and running and how these associations will represent cms?

What is a professional association?
    'It is a body of persons engaged in the same profession, formed usually to control entry into the profession, maintain standards and represent the profession in discussios with other bodies' (English dictionary)

Is that correct..yes but although in the same profession: 'Early Years education and childcare' there is a difference between a cm and a nursery or preschool worker for obvious reasons

So I would agree that the word professional is over-abused