Is NCMA membership worth it?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is NCMA membership worth it?

My wife and I are waiting for our Pre registration visit and are currently trying to decide whether to join the NCMA and use their insurance etc or not. Ive looked through some of the other threads on the forum and am still non the wiser. As we are only just starting out is it sensible to join for the first year or so till we find our feet and have a better understanding of everything. Or can some of you wonderful forum members advise us of better, cheaper and/or easier options.

Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally think that the first year is the way to go and then judge on what you want/need.

I work alongside my other half and I have the membership and insurance with PACEY and he has MM. I wanted the membership, he didn't.

For me PACEY represents childminders and others just provide insurance.
    Debbie

Simona Guest

It really depends what you are looking for...a cheaper package of m'ship and insurance? or an association that can represent you at govt level?
    do you want an association that only covers cms or one where different sectors are represented?
    PACEY has now opened their m'ship to all providers hence the name change
    do you need their paperwork or have your own? do you need their contract and legal advice etc?

there are 4 associations you can choose from...their prices vary a great deal...all seem to have PLI by RSA but their membership varies as does the training they provide which you may need to pay for and most will be online

Look at PACEY
    PLA
    UKCMA (recently launched but not really ready with their package)
    TRIO (no idea who they are but have been mentioned before)

Good luck