Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On-line courses

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default On-line courses

This area gives details of on-line courses available with Virtual College some of the course I have done myself, where applicable there is a review.

You cannot start a new thread in this area but you can reply to the threads to ask questions.
    Last edited by Richard; 24-06-2013 at 06:20 PM.
    Pauline x

Oct 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: On-line courses

Hi Pauline,

Do you know if there is an online course for safeguarding children level 2. My LA only has a 2 day course next March which is midweek, I don't want to wait this long.

Regards Wendy

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: On-line courses

Hi Wendy

I couldn't find one, did it have to be level 2? if you have already done one couldn't you do the refresher course?
    Pauline x

Jun 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking at food hygeine courses level 2 retake but they are all very expesive for a day or twos training and it is only to refresh my certificate. Do you know of anyone that can do face to face or cheaper training? Thanks in advance.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClareG78 View Post
    I have been looking at food hygeine courses level 2 retake but they are all very expesive for a day or twos training and it is only to refresh my certificate. Do you know of anyone that can do face to face or cheaper training? Thanks in advance.

Not that I know of. It depends what you call expensive, there are the online courses that myself and others have done here: http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...ad.php?t=15075
    Pauline x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    This area gives details of on-line courses available with Virtual College

some of the course I have done myself, where applicable there is a review.

You cannot start a new thread in this area but you can reply to the threads to ask questions.
    Do you know of an online course for Paediatric First Aid that provides an accredited qualification at the end of it please.

Hannah

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BabySignTalk View Post
    Do you know of an online course for Paediatric First Aid that provides an accredited qualification at the end of it please.

Hannah
    The statutory requirements of the Eyfs state that you must attend (go to a training place) a 12 hour approved paediatric first aid course.

I am afraid there are no short cuts or approved online courses.

We all have to blow into the dummies and spend 12 hours every 3 years making sure we know what to do in an emergency.

Hth

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    The statutory requirements of the Eyfs state that you must attend (go to a training place) a 12 hour approved paediatric first aid course.

I am afraid there are no short cuts or approved online courses.

We all have to blow into the dummies and spend 12 hours every 3 years making sure we know what to do in an emergency.

Hth
    Thank you, I am new to all this, just started CACHE level 3 in childminding so lots to learn

dec 12
    Post Thanks / Like

hello,
    i am just starting as a childminder and i wanted to get a head start! i have seen your thread for the food and hyience course.
    is this the right course to do as i do not want to waste my money or do i have to wait for briefing session.

hope someone can help

Jun 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there!

I have just started a level 2 certificate for the children and young peoples workforce, hhmm is this a level 2 diploma which is a stage higher than the one you have to have to register as a childminder?! So confusing!!! Have they just change the name?

Anyway, I have just registered and am waiting for my on-line system to start the course. Am so excited!!

Would I be able to have the password to post on the forums here to chat about the coursework?

Thanks for your help, Claire Xxx

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Have been having a look at courses and am looking to do an inclusion course as need to do this to get other training to do with DCATCH

Do you know if there are any virtual learning ones that would cover inclusion

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by solly View Post
    Have been having a look at courses and am looking to do an inclusion course as need to do this to get other training to do with DCATCH

I think there are, leave it with me and I will check.
    Pauline x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by solly View Post

The only one I could find was Equality and Diversity in the workplace, not sure if that would cover what you want.
    Pauline x

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for looking Pauline I have found one called Common Core of skills & knowledge.
    It says it covers

An overview of every child matters & integrated working principles and values.
    Equality and Inclusion & anti-discrimatory practice
    Person centred approaches
    Confidentiality, information sharing and record keeping.

I have sent a txt to Beetlejuice as she is on the committee and asked if this one is ok

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Solly, is it this one, I didn't read the blurb so missed that it included 'inclusion'

Common Core Skills

Hope you enjoy it if you do it.
    Pauline x

Mar 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NCMA safeguarding course

Has anyone done the NCMA on-line safeguarding course? Just wondering if it's worthwhile, as would be easier to fit in to daily life
    Sharon x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharonLR View Post
    Has anyone done the NCMA on-line safeguarding course? Just wondering if it's worthwhile, as would be easier to fit in to daily life
    Sharon x
    NCMA use Virtual College the same as we have here on the Forum Sharon, we have a selection of courses depending on your previous knowledge, see here for the full list:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...ad.php?t=78970

and don't forget if you use the Forum discount code in the Members Area, you will get another 10% off
    Pauline x

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi , hope you can put me in the right direction

my development worker has suggested online learning to add to my experience and gave me this link <link removed as it does not work now>

unfortunately due to change in government it appears that everything is inaccessible and certainly not working at the moment

where can i go now for online training , id love to do some EYFS training , maybe something about dealing with challenging behaviour and eventually I want to get into Family support work so anything that will help there too would be great

Im a single parent and have to work all hours minding just to pay the bills so attending college is not an option

I already have nvq3 and also foundation year childrens nursing so really looking for little top ups in specific areas im interested in to boost my CV and broaden my knowledge of course

Thanks in advance

Sally
    Last edited by Pauline; 12-10-2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: link error

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sally

All the National Strategies site is gone now as you have found.

Have you had a look through the various online courses listed in this section?

Or if you go on the main Virtual College site you will find more, there might be something to suit you but it really depends what you are looking for and how much money and time you want to spend on a course.
    Pauline x

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ref Cache level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mamma4Ya View Post
    Thank you, I am new to all this, just started CACHE level 3 in childminding so lots to learn
    Hi Mammarya, I am thinking of doing this next year and was just wondering what you thought of it? was going to do the OCR/NVQ but it is double the price, is it a good substitute?

looking forward to hearing from you?

Thanks
    Sharon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast