pre reg visit questions!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default pre reg visit questions!

just wondered roughly how long you think they'll be here and what paperwork I'll need ready?

I've got all my policies and procedures but haven't written any risk assessments - will I need these ready and roughly how many do I do? I was going to cover indoor, outdoors and outings but do I just go room by room etc or go into activites? sorry I probably freaking myself out and over thinking it all but just have no idea what they will need and feel so unprepared!

Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

when I had mine, they did look at 2 risk assesments, but they were more interested in safe guarding, inclusion, health & safety, behaviour & non smoking etc policies.

I felt sick when I knew she was coming but she was sooo lovely, I'm now waiting for my graded inspection, which I am stressing out about again lol

Good luck, I'm sure you will be fine

Jan 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Try not to panic......

Hi, I had my pre-reg visit on Wednesday. It lasted for about 2.5hrs. I had to show policies. I also completed a whole risk assessment even though I hadnt got around to typing it up, she did have a quick look around it. We then walked around the whole house, and she asked me to identify any areas of risk. I also had to talk to her about safeguarding, about the eyfs, inclusion. She didnt really look at the toys, but she said what she had seen was absolutely fine. Smoking and outings where discussed. One thing I did do, is download the pre-reg document, it gives 43 sample questions that the inspector may ask. You are allowed to refer to your document, and I found it really helped me.

Good luck.

Vx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

reading other peoples questions and the answers people are giving / have given are really helpful - I can't help but worry either about everything - thanks

Oct 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I know I'm probably asking a very silly question (I'm very new to all this) but where do you get the document with the 43 sample questions?

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsVenman View Post
    I know I'm probably asking a very silly question (I'm very new to all this) but where do you get the document with the 43 sample questions?
    Hiya, Im not sure how to put a link here but go to the ofsted website, look for information for childminders, look for pdf document that is called 'preparing for your pre-reg visit' hope that helps. And by the way dont ever worry about asking questions, some of the things ive asked are really daft but its a great forum for advice and everyones really helpful. Good luck x
    If all else fails......add glitter!