Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First 'real' inspection....HELP!!!!!

I'm in a bit of a panic at the moment as that dreaded call came to ask when I was working next week. I'm working all week but only have pre-schoolers 3 days so shes coming on one of those 3 days - if shes not here by 9.30 shes not coming that day - so we can still go out and about.

Im confident about most of my paperwork. I've just updated some of my PP's after a visit from my co-ordinator (they were only written at the begining of the year) and I have RA's for every place visited aswell as the house and garden. What I am panicing about is the fact that the 2 1/2 yo I have on the days shes planned has only been with me 3 weeks!!!!

I've done loads of obs this week and have written them up in his LJ but its hard to work on next steps coz I don't know him that well....any ideas on what I can do?

What other things should I have sorted for her visit? I'm just not confident that I've remebered everything I have to have available/done.

Thanks in advance for what I know will be valuable advice x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When a child is new you should spend time getting to know them and watching and listening... combined with working with the parents to find out what he enjoys, does not enjoy, does at home etc.

Then you put all that together and start planning for his needs. It can take a week or 2 or even longer for a part timer before you feel ready to move him on with different activities - the child needs to settle first.

be confident when you speak to the inspector and explain why you are doing what you are doing.

Good luck!

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for that

I can show them the LJ from my other mindee who has just started reception, theres loads of 'next step' planning in there

Just keeping my fingers crossed that I get through it in one piece and I'm not even thinking about a grade at the end of ....just the end lol

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks - Thats also helped me - Ive only had my firat ever mindee for 2 weeks and have my inspection next week _ wish me lots and lots of luck please......

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

shes been and gone and I'm so so pleased.....

it's not official yet but it looks like I'm set for a good in all areas

Feb 11
    Non childminder member
    Little Learners
    Post Thanks / Like

well done sammic_74, how long was she there for?

Feb 11
    Non childminder member
    Little Learners
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo* View Post
    Thanks - Thats also helped me - Ive only had my firat ever mindee for 2 weeks and have my inspection next week _ wish me lots and lots of luck please......
    Sending you lots of luck your way (I'm sure you won't need it though)

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

She was with me just just under 4 hours....it was a bit like having a shadow as everytime we moved to another room or outside she followed us...the only time I had without her was helping one of the kids at the toilet (even then she was listening to what I said to him!)

Have to say the LOs were fab while she was there but decided to throw a tantrum about 10 mins after she left She asked a few questions about safeguarding but siad that my SEF had given her most of the answers she needed. We did discuss my future training as I'm looking into doing the EYPS course when the new syllabus has been sorted (Jan 12 hopefully). She seemed happy and said I had no actions just one recommendation - get parents to help add to the LJs (easier said than done but I'll try!!!)

Feb 11
    Non childminder member
    Little Learners
    Post Thanks / Like

well done to you