She's coming on Tuesday.. Any tips please?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile She's coming on Tuesday.. Any tips please?

I've got the call today finally.. but I'm scared that I might have forgot something that has to be done until the Inspection... :S
    The firebrigade comes on friday to check the smoke alarms,, Im hoping everything is fine.. Our boiler has been fixed a few weeks ago so I'm hoping that will be enough.. What about electricity, do we need a check? :S
    Are they going to be picky?
    She was nice on the phone though, talking nice and slow as if she thought that I dont speak english very well.. which is weird because my partner mum can't do childminding because she's a beginner.. never mind...
    Any ideas?
    Thanks ladies!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pre-reg is about checking you know what you are doing and are ready to start working when your checks come through.

It's not a test so don't worry if you can't answer anything just say you will look it up or ask for a clue!

Go through the pre-reg booklet before the inspector comes and get some ideas of the questions you might be asked.

Good luck

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks Sarah!

I actually panicked a little bit when she was on the phone..
    I've done the booklet and I'm planning to look through every paperwork I've done so far and have a look at EYFS just to be sure

I've recently bought 2 play tents with tunnels and I'm planning to use one of them outside and I'm just looking for foam mats to go with itand a Slide as well.
    Do we have to do a risk assessment form for our equipment? if yes i have to do that..

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

She was here, came an hour earlier.. It was ok, but she asked me a lot of questions.. some of them I didnt understand fully, so it was a bit weird how she asked them..

I haven't got my certificate from ICP, so she's waiting for the EYT to call her back.. I hope they say I finished it, because if not I'm going to make a complaint about that I asked if I could do safeguarding children course, and food hygene course and they said I can't until I'm registered.
    but I know somebody who have done hers and she wasnt registered at the time.
    the other thing that they weren't sure if my partner's mum can be my assistant, so ofsted will decide, but she couldnt do her paediatric first aid, but the lady said she has to have a peadiatric first aid to be an assistant.

Are these coincidences or somebody actually tries and keep us back from starting???
    If they say I haven't finished the course I have to redone it!
    If they say I've done it then I can start as a childminder in around 2 weeks!
    So I'm unsure what's going on

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh crikey it's not easy is it?

Hopefully everything will go smoothly for you x

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed they say you've completed the course.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

good news!

they've said I've completed it, and they're sending the cirtificate today!
    And I'm going to be a reg. childminder in 2 weeks