Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any suggestions please, please please

I have 1st ofsted inspection on monday, and hope my paperwork is all ok.

My main concern is what to do with mindee when she comes.

I will only have 1, 9 month old with me, and a 2-3hour inspection seems really daunting with what to do for that length of time. We usually go for a walk but inspector has already said we probably wont be able to go as she will need to do paperwork!!

Mindee is just crawling so I will place toys around the room for her to crawl to and will also put some on the table for her to try and reach for.
    I have a treasure box and will also do some singing....... but cant see this lasting 2-3 hours...

any suggestions really appreciated

H
    xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Any suggestions please, please please

Just relax, do what you would normally do and make sure you use any time you do have to sell yourself

Good luck

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

have you any textured fabric pieces you could put out and mirrors then you could sit back with lo and play peekaboo etc and just watch whilst you chatted to mrs o you dont have to entertain all the time. its how you interact. relax you will be fine. maybe get somethink new out. good luck

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Treasure basket, reading board books, snack time. mirrors fascinate babies. also anything that makes a sound or lights up is popular with all the babies I know! Will the LO have a nap during your inspection?

I'm also wondering the same cos when ofsted come to me I will be in a similar situation! Thankfully they haven't rang yet since I told them I'm minding! Gives me a little bit longer to get my head around everything!

Good Luck and let us know how you get on!

Dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck, do you have sensory toys and try messy play on highchair tray

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there, it is abit daunting I know, I had my own 2 year old and a 10 month old mindee on my inspection. Apart from singing and the other usual activities, I got the mini ball pool out (indoors) and sat them in there and also blew bubbles into it, that passed quite abit of time and they both loved it! Time will fly by though and the inspector will be asking you lots of questions as well.
    Good luck!

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all suggestions.... just want 0930 tomorrow to come and the morning to go now!!

It's hubbys day off so he will be around too now with my daughter (for morale support aswell as making sure Mrs O has a cup of tea!!). Takes the pressure of a bit having someone else around.

H

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hats View Post
    Thank you for all suggestions.... just want 0930 tomorrow to come and the morning to go now!!

It's hubbys day off so he will be around too now with my daughter (for morale support aswell as making sure Mrs O has a cup of tea!!). Takes the pressure of a bit having someone else around.

H
    It will be fine, and you will naturally know what to do in the morning. Just dont try too hard and chat with the inspector. Sell yourself as much as you can and you will be fine
    Di x