Oh no my first inspection soon with EYFS!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh no my first inspection soon with EYFS!!

Hello

I'm due my inspection in a couple of weeks, & i'm extremely nervous, especially as its with EYFS!!

*****mind a 9 month old baby & have only had her for a week! I don't really know what i'm supposed to do to show OFSTED? I.E the paperwork & bits like observations. I do a daily diary for her & put in everything she does with me in the mornings, from snack times, nappy changes & the varity of activities we all do together, including a few pictures. What else are OFSTED needing?

We do a lot of singing & playing. I keep worrying about what else i could do for her?! My husband tells me i worrying over nothing, but i don't like the idea of someone coming to inspect me for however long they stay, & say that i'm not doing enough. Help me please

Kind Regards
    Tabitha

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Oh no my first inspection soon with EYFS!!

None of us like the inspections bit I don't think...

I try to think of it as a way of proving to myself I'm doing well.

You sound like you have fun with the mindee... that's important and Ofsted will like to see that.

Don't forget to take some photos and do the odd observation, linked to the Eyfs for the child's age.

Relax!

June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Sarah there, it is our chance for somebody to confirm that we are doing a good job, maybe not quite the praise we would like to receive it (i.e. big bunch of flowers, bottle of wine, chocolte & a glowing reference) but still something to say yep it's exactly what you should be doing.
    Donna

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to wish you good luck

Let us know how you get on

Miffy xx

june 05
    Post Thanks / Like

just relax and do what you would normally. you are prob doing everything you should anyway and i think the inspector will ask for anything they want to see. just make sure everything up to date and well filed in a locked place (they like that)

good luck, let us know how you do

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tabitha,

It's Lynne from the ICP course (we sat next to each other at the Regional College). Hope you're ok

I have a 10 month old mindee and do a daily diary for him.

I do observations and link them up to the EYFS. I aim to do a couple of obs per month.

My planning will be based on the 'next steps' from my observations and I'll literally jot these down in a notebook. I've found planning for a baby very difficult and don't intend to do masses. Angel has helped me with this in the past.

I had my first inspection in April and luckily before the EYFS became mandatory. It was nowhere near as bad as I'd expected. I'm sure you'll be just fine

Give me a call if you like, although I'm still a rookie myself. My son has just had more surgery at Leicester Royal Infirmary so I'm travelling backwards and forwards this coming week but I'm usually available on my mobile.

Good to see you here