How to evidence that I've worked with a difficult situation.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 201
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How to evidence that I've worked with a difficult situation.

I'm not due an inspection until the next cycle but I want to evidence a situation and child that I've had. The child has just left my setting last week but had been here for over 2 years. I had noticed many areas of concern with him and spoke to parents regularly, unfortunately they did not agree with my opinion. I eventually had to practically force them to speak to the health visitor after the child had missed another appointment to follow up on his 2 year check (after he didnt do very well the first time around). The child was referred to various agencies including a child psychologist.
    It's been a very difficult and stressful journey with him.
    As I said the child has just left my setting, I have documented everything and would like to show this to Ofsted during my next inspection to prove my working with other agencies and putting the childs needs first.
    Does anyone have any ideas of how can I do this other than show all my notes?
    Thanks in advance.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It may well be that an inspector won't even be interested as the child is no longer in your care. Keep notes and be able to talk about it, but I doubt they'd want to see anything written. Sorry to hear you have had a tough time with this family.

Jan 201
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    It may well be that an inspector won't even be interested as the child is no longer in your care. Keep notes and be able to talk about it, but I doubt they'd want to see anything written. Sorry to hear you have had a tough time with this family.
    Thankyou. I did wonder that. I just thought it would be a great opportunity to show how hard I have worked. It's not been a waste as the child needed me to work as I have done. It would have been nice to have had some recognition.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Childminder in Kent View Post
    Thankyou. I did wonder that. I just thought it would be a great opportunity to show how hard I have worked. It's not been a waste as the child needed me to work as I have done. It would have been nice to have had some recognition.
    You can tell the inspector about it, no harm in trying.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This is where the old SEF would have come in handy! Definitely keep your notes and have them out during the inspection. At one of my inspections (admittedly it was a few years ago) I showed the inspector a learning journey from someone who had just left, because my children at the time of inspection hadn't been with me for very long and so didn't have much in their LJs. She said to thank the mum for letting me hold on to the LJ because it helped provide lots of evidence. Of course, another inspector might not have looked at it all.

Jan 201
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    This is where the old SEF would have come in handy! Definitely keep your notes and have them out during the inspection. At one of my inspections (admittedly it was a few years ago) I showed the inspector a learning journey from someone who had just left, because my children at the time of inspection hadn't been with me for very long and so didn't have much in their LJs. She said to thank the mum for letting me hold on to the LJ because it helped provide lots of evidence. Of course, another inspector might not have looked at it all.
    Thanks,

I had already basically duplicated the LJ so I've got lots of evidence of my concerns - observations, reviews etc.
    I had felt the need to 'cover my back' as I didnt want Ofsted to look at it and ask what support I'd given, and not be able to prove that I had tried and worked very hard.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It will be down to the inspector with the changes to inspections moving away from reams of paperwork they may say its paperwork thats unnecessary. However nothing wrong with you drawing an inspectors attention to it
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door