Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First ofsted inspection

Hi everyone,

Just had the dreaded call to say I'm due my ofsted inspection! Thankfully I'm abroad at the moment, so the earliest they'll come is next week. I stopped looking after children under 5 last month, so I just wanted some advice as to what they'll be looking for as I only have a 5 & 7 year old on my books (plus my own 3 & 5 year old).

Should I print out a copy of the learning journal for the 1 year old I used to care for off?

Any advice would be gratefully received, just want to fly home now and look through all my paperwork

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When a child leaves us we should hand over learning and development information and keep anything related to safeguarding and welfare securely until the child is 21 years 3 months old for insurance. Our Information Commissioners Office registration states that we should only hold onto information about a child that is needed by, for example, other agencies ... so no, you shouldn't retain photos of or other learning and development information about a child who has left without specific written permission from parents -

More information about photo retention here - Confusion over rules for photographs | Nursery World.

If you want an inspection that allows you to stay registered on the early years (EYFS) register then it will be a 'no children on roll' inspection. Your grade will be 'met' or 'not met'. You can read more about it here - from page 6 -

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...n_handbook.pdf

I hope it goes well for you

Oct 14
    Post Thanks / Like

That's great, thank you!