This may be a daft question but....can a nanny be both Ofsted and CSSIW registered?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default This may be a daft question but....can a nanny be both Ofsted and CSSIW registered?

Hello all!

I am a nanny, living in North Wales but very close (<10miles) to Chester and the English border so when I started nannying again after my son was born in 2008 I became a night nanny in Chester that required me being Ofsted registered for the mum to claim Childcare Tax Credits. I have since always worked at least one regular job over the border in England to keep my Ofsted registration going. This September it is looking likely i will be working my main job in Wales (apart from odd babysitting and overnight nannying) so i am in the process of applying to be CSSIW registered. On the applicatin form it said any other information and I have put that I already have a DBS and the checking number and then I started to write that I am already Ofsted registered.....and stopped as I realised I didn't know if I can be both at once or if enrollment onto one automatically cancelled the other out?

Can anyone help please?

Thank you!

Adie

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't see why you can't be registered in both England and Wales if you work in both and comply with the different registration requirements!!

I suggest you speak to Ofsted and CSSIW - or maybe email so you get the replies in writing - before you continue your application

3. Likes Cinders Drury liked this post