Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My Feedback from my Outstanding inspection

I justed wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who posts about their inspections and everyone who post tips, with a special shout out to Sarah707 as I read every newsletter she does and every thread she starts to pick up ideas and things that I need to know. Without all of these i would never have been able to get my Outstanding in my own inspection.

To try and help others here is my feedabck about my inspection:

How Inspection ran:

• Came in, introduced herself, set herself up on dining room table and did a quick chat about how she would inspect me. She talked about how she would mainly observe me, we would then do a joint observation and she would go through all my files. She would ask me questions intermittently and finally we would go through the judgements in the Inspector Handbook ready for feedback.
    • The inspector watched me play with the children during free play, watched the activity I set up for joint observation, watched me during one of my 10 minute teaching music session I do throughout the day, watched me take the children the toilet to wash their hands, observed dinner time, came with me upstairs as I put the children to bed, and then just observed everything else that happened.
    • One of the grandparents came half way through to collect their grandson, so she had a private word with them in the hall for feedback.
    • She read everything I gave her in great detail. This included looking at all of my certificates, reading all of parents feedback letters, going through a learning journal page by page, all progress reports, policies and procedures and my self-development sheets.
    • Lots of questions about Prevent, British Values, how I share information with parents, how I track children’s progress, how I gather starting points, the 6 monthly progress reports I do
    • She then went through every Good statement in the inspector EYFS handbooklet and asked me if I felt I had or could demonstrate each statement. We then did something similar with the outstanding grades but more of a overview.

What she liked:

• I have a spreadsheet which detailed every course I have completed and I have then put 2 bullet points of things that I had taken away from the learning and that I was going to implement in my setting.
    • I use Facebook private groups (one for each child) to share the daily diary, photographs, videos, important notices and shared learning ideas with home. She was really impressed with the amount of parental input got through using this method as most of the parents respond to the daily diary, tag me in photos of children learning at home and also share ideas with me about what their child can do or likes.
    • I had not done a SEF however I do have a self-development spreadsheet which note’s down every time I change something in the setting, attend a course, gain knowledge from the internet, change a process or policy. I then note down the reason for change and what I hope to gain from it going forward.
    • That I am constantly evaluating my setting and what resources I have and adding new ones or tweaking existing ones to suit the children I have and that I am always making sure that each resource links to EYFS and understand how it aids me in teaching the children.
    • I do quick 10 minute focus activities throughout the day to support teaching the children. I do things like number songs, reading books, welcome song in morning were we register each other with photos on the board and talk about the weather, etc. She felt that these were good ways of getting the children school ready as all my children are just around 2, so it was teaching them to sit and listen for a short time whilst being engaged
    • That my activity I set up was simple, kept the children engaged, and that at the beginning when she asked me what my objective was with each child that I was to the point and kept it realistic and again simple. She said the simplicity of the activity let her know that I knew my children really well and wasn’t doing it to impress the inspector, but instead to create a fun activity for the children.
    • I use a form called ‘My Play Plan’ from Sarah707 for children’s individual planning. She liked that it meant that all my planning was then linked to the children’s own interests therefore giving the children in the setting unique and individual ways to learn whilst being engaged. My next steps were then taken from this and followed through.
    • That I encourage children to be independent and also get them involved with things like tidy up time or choosing which songs we sing too.

What she focused on

• Knowing your children inside out
    • Prevent – what it is, how you would report a concern, how you embed this in the setting. She loved that I had completed the free course for this.
    • British Values – explaining how I embed these. I explained that these are already imbedded in the EYFS in regards to turn taking, sharing, allowing the child to have their voice heard, responding to each other’s feelings, understanding and following the boundaries of the setting and that all of these I already do and that I would just continue to do so.
    • Promoting Children’s health – how I teach this to the young children.
    • How do I challenge children’s view on equality
    • How do I teach the children – through child led activities and through adult led activities
    • What were the childrens starting points, how did I include the parents in this, and were the children making good progress.

Hope this helps someone else. Any questions just ask.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentTink View Post
    I justed wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who posts about their inspections and everyone who post tips, with a special shout out to Sarah707 as I read every newsletter she does and every thread she starts to pick up ideas and things that I need to know. Without all of these i would never have been able to get my Outstanding in my own inspection.

How Inspection ran:

• Came in, introduced herself, set herself up on dining room table and did a quick chat about how she would inspect me. She talked about how she would mainly observe me, we would then do a joint observation and she would go through all my files. She would ask me questions intermittently and finally we would go through the judgements in the Inspector Handbook ready for feedback.
    • The inspector watched me play with the children during free play, watched the activity I set up for joint observation, watched me during one of my 10 minute teaching music session I do throughout the day, watched me take the children the toilet to wash their hands, observed dinner time, came with me upstairs as I put the children to bed, and then just observed everything else that happened.
    • One of the grandparents came half way through to collect their grandson, so she had a private word with them in the hall for feedback.
    • She read everything I gave her in great detail. This included looking at all of my certificates, reading all of parents feedback letters, going through a learning journal page by page, all progress reports, policies and procedures and my self-development sheets.
    • Lots of questions about Prevent, British Values, how I share information with parents, how I track children’s progress, how I gather starting points, the 6 monthly progress reports I do
    • She then went through every Good statement in the inspector EYFS handbooklet and asked me if I felt I had or could demonstrate each statement. We then did something similar with the outstanding grades but more of a overview.

What she liked:

• I have a spreadsheet which detailed every course I have completed and I have then put 2 bullet points of things that I had taken away from the learning and that I was going to implement in my setting.
    • I use Facebook private groups (one for each child) to share the daily diary, photographs, videos, important notices and shared learning ideas with home. She was really impressed with the amount of parental input got through using this method as most of the parents respond to the daily diary, tag me in photos of children learning at home and also share ideas with me about what their child can do or likes.
    • I had not done a SEF however I do have a self-development spreadsheet which note’s down every time I change something in the setting, attend a course, gain knowledge from the internet, change a process or policy. I then note down the reason for change and what I hope to gain from it going forward.
    • That I am constantly evaluating my setting and what resources I have and adding new ones or tweaking existing ones to suit the children I have and that I am always making sure that each resource links to EYFS and understand how it aids me in teaching the children.
    • I do quick 10 minute focus activities throughout the day to support teaching the children. I do things like number songs, reading books, welcome song in morning were we register each other with photos on the board and talk about the weather, etc. She felt that these were good ways of getting the children school ready as all my children are just around 2, so it was teaching them to sit and listen for a short time whilst being engaged
    • That my activity I set up was simple, kept the children engaged, and that at the beginning when she asked me what my objective was with each child that I was to the point and kept it realistic and again simple. She said the simplicity of the activity let her know that I knew my children really well and wasn’t doing it to impress the inspector, but instead to create a fun activity for the children.
    • I use a form called ‘My Play Plan’ from Sarah707 for children’s individual planning. She liked that it meant that all my planning was then linked to the children’s own interests therefore giving the children in the setting unique and individual ways to learn whilst being engaged. My next steps were then taken from this and followed through.
    • That I encourage children to be independent and also get them involved with things like tidy up time or choosing which songs we sing too.

What she focused on

• Prevent – what it is, how you would report a concern, how you embed this in the setting. She loved that I had completed the free course for this.
    • British Values – explaining how I embed these. I explained that these are already imbedded in the EYFS in regards to turn taking, sharing, allowing the child to have their voice heard, responding to each other’s feelings, understanding and following the boundaries of the setting and that all of these I already do and that I would just continue to do so.
    • How do I teach the children – through child led activities and through adult led activities
    • What were the childrens starting points, how did I include the parents in this, and were the children making good progress.

You are a star!! Firstly many congratulations on your Outstanding inspection grade! And secondly for the very detailed report! I will read it several more times as I am due the phone call myself. Many thanks and well done.

3. Likes AgentTink liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations

That's some great feedback. It sounds as if it was a very positive experience.

5. Likes AgentTink liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes AgentTink liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! Brilliant feedback, thank you. x

9. Likes AgentTink liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congratulations and brill feedback

11. Likes AgentTink liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How Inspection ran:

What she liked:

What she focused on

Thank you and well done! :-)
    How long was she with you?

13. Likes AgentTink liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Thank you and well done! :-)
    How long was she with you?
    4 and a half hours!!!! although felt like 8!

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done, AgentTink!

I'm exhausted just reading your inspection feedback.

I love the sound of your Private Group Facebook stuff. I'm an oldie so haven't quite figured this out yet, but your feedback might just inspire me to have a go at setting something similar up soon (or at least to think about how I might begin to implement something like this).

Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback, and in such detail.

By the sounds of things, you're an amazing childminder, and very much deserve your (sounds to me like) very hard-earned grade.

Wow!

LK

16. Likes AgentTink liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Brilliant achievement. Great feedback - thankyou.

18. Likes AgentTink liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

4 and a half hours!!!! although felt like 8!
    Oh my goodness, i can imagine!! :-)
    When did you get the call that she would be coming..?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lollipop kid View Post
    Well done, AgentTink!

I'm exhausted just reading your inspection feedback.

I love the sound of your Private Group Facebook stuff. I'm an oldie so haven't quite figured this out yet, but your feedback might just inspire me to have a go at setting something similar up soon (or at least to think about how I might begin to implement something like this).

Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback, and in such detail.

By the sounds of things, you're an amazing childminder, and very much deserve your (sounds to me like) very hard-earned grade.

Wow!

LK

Thanks Lollipop for such kind words.

I really wasnt aiming for an Outstanding just hoping to keep my Good grade, so when I got Outstanding I thought the least I could do was give other childminders some feedback on what worked for me becuase sometimes it is the small things that can really make a difference. Plus the more prepared you are for what they might be looking for the better you can answer their questions when asked about your own setting x

21. Likes BallyH, Mouse liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Oh my goodness, i can imagine!! :-)
    When did you get the call that she would be coming..?
    Last Wednesday, and she gave me three days she would be here and came the second one.

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Lollipop for such kind words.

I really wasnt aiming for an Outstanding just hoping to keep my Good grade, so when I got Outstanding I thought the least I could do was give other childminders some feedback on what worked for me becuase sometimes it is the small things that can really make a difference. Plus the more prepared you are for what they might be looking for the better you can answer their questions when asked about your own setting x
    That is so helpful, AgentTink. Thank you once again.

PS: I think a change of grade on your profile is in order.

LK

24. Likes AgentTink, hectors house liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow. Well done you on a fantastic inspection. That's brilliant. And thank you for such an in depth review.

Like MOH I'm due soon so shall re read and take notes!

Congrats again!

26. Likes AgentTink liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you sooo much for sharing in such detail X well done you for all your hard work x

28. Likes AgentTink liked this post
    Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done you!!

30. Likes AgentTink liked this post
    Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

How long since your last inspection? I know a few childminders with very long time periods In between, myself included.

32. Likes AgentTink liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A big CONGRATULATIONS

And thank you for the feedback
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

34. Likes AgentTink liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k1rstie View Post
    How long since your last inspection? I know a few childminders with very long time periods In between, myself included.
    Almost exactly 4 years so not that long. I suppose because I was last inspected towards the end of the last inspection cycle that mine couldnt be longer than 5 years anyway, but I imagine if you were last inspected in 2008/2009 at the start of the last cycle then potentially the wait could be up to 8 years for some!!

36. Likes BallyH liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast