Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by It's a small world View Post
    Prospect have spoken to me (yesterday) and looking into my complaint. They advised even if I didn't have a bilingual child if I couldn't provide evidence or explain how I would support a bilingual child I could still get downgraded.!! It is unlikely grade will be amended but the wording might be changed as I said inspector only mentioned nursery and bilingual child nothing else and that the wording to me reads as children in general not bilingual children. I also pointed out report stated I don't communicate with parents properly when children first start this was never mentioned in evaluation. Explained I am not happy. Now it's just a case of them investigating and me waiting to see if they change the wording. What makes it worse is I've just seen my report online,�� I still feel it contradicts and makes me look bad. There's a section telling parents where I 'fail' and I know for a fact they wouldn't agree with it x keep you updated x
    oh big hugs, stay strong.

I understand if you couldn't explain how you would help, but I read it that you did/could have explained, but in the particular instance, you are following parental wishes.

I don't have any bilingual children, and therefore I have no resources for them. I could explain to an inspector, but I wouldn't have any evidence! ( apart from a few books that I have been given over the years in different languages! )

Simona Guest

Prospect have spoken to me (yesterday) and looking into my complaint. They advised even if I didn't have a bilingual child if I couldn't provide evidence or explain how I would support a bilingual child I could still get downgraded.!! It is unlikely grade will be amended but the wording might be changed as I said inspector only mentioned nursery and bilingual child nothing else and that the wording to me reads as children in general not bilingual children. I also pointed out report stated I don't communicate with parents properly when children first start this was never mentioned in evaluation. Explained I am not happy. Now it's just a case of them investigating and me waiting to see if they change the wording. What makes it worse is I've just seen my report online,�� I still feel it contradicts and makes me look bad. There's a section telling parents where I 'fail' and I know for a fact they wouldn't agree with it x keep you updated x
    Have you checked the Ofsted Complaint Guidance to see whether they are allowed to print your inspection report while they investigate your complaint?

I don't have in front of me but I thought this was the new rule....don't quote me but please check.
    You say they will change the words...in that case they have agreed to uphold part of your complaint?

I hope you are getting advice and support on this...your LA will certainly give it to you....or your representing association if you belong to one.

PS: make sure any communication with the inspectors is in writing not by phone as you must have evidence
    Last edited by Simona; 28-11-2015 at 10:48 AM.

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post

Have you checked the Ofsted Complaint Guidance to see whether they are allowed to print your inspection report while they investigate your complaint?

I don't have in front of me but I thought this was the new rule....don't quote me but please check.
    You say they will change the words...in that case they have agreed to uphold part of your complaint?

I hope you are getting advice and support on this...your LA will certainly give it to you....or your representing association if you belong to one.

PS: make sure any communication with the inspectors is in writing not by phone as you must have evidence
    Hi
    Not checked but will. Prospect phoned me and said would look at evidence what I have said and what inspector has said. Then they will write to me with outcome. So just have to see what happens. Feeling deflated but will Look at ofsted rules on complaints tomorrow. They did ask if I would I wanted wording changed to which I said I wanted grading as I worked in partnership with parent, but that's irrelevant to them where bilingual children are concerned. I have to learn basic words to help children in my setting etc. Even though I said I did but unsettled child more unsure if my pronunciation but didn't help
    . Guess wording change is better than nothing but this
    wasn't confirmed they just said they would look at it. My mojo is gradually going. My personal life hasn't been to great last couple of weeks either 😞 x

Simona Guest

Hi
    Not checked but will. Prospect phoned me and said would look at evidence what I have said and what inspector has said. Then they will write to me with outcome. So just have to see what happens. Feeling deflated but will Look at ofsted rules on complaints tomorrow. They did ask if I would I wanted wording changed to which I said I wanted grading as I worked in partnership with parent, but that's irrelevant to them where bilingual children are concerned. I have to learn basic words to help children in my setting etc. Even though I said I did but unsettled child more unsure if my pronunciation but didn't help
    . Guess wording change is better than nothing but this
    wasn't confirmed they just said they would look at it. My mojo is gradually going. My personal life hasn't been to great last couple of weeks either �� x
    Good luck...just bear in mind you need to raise any concerns within 10 days.

Here is the link for you
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...out_Ofsted.pdf

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sending you big hugs and hope you get the wording changed and your home life settles down too. xxxxx

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope they sort it out for you quickly, 15 minutes of child being awake is such a shirt time to make a judgement.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234