Inspection and heavy rain forecast
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vals View Post
    Wow, I have been emailed the report already. Its not exactly as she said and there is error about what the children did in the garden but it doesn't matter (they kicked balls through hoops - they actually used the basketball hoop and threw the balls). But it reads far better than some of her other reports and feels very personal in a nice way so that's fab. The things to improve on are more or less what she said and one of them then contradicts itself as it says I don't do something then in the first bit says I do it. So I am more than happy with what she wrote as previously I have had much less written about the actual day. So that's me for another 5 years lol.
    Well done, now feet up and have a glass (or three) of wine! :-) x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Great news , I expect you are very glad it's over!
    About the outdoor print : you may remember that I didn't have any , but having an opinion on this, I actually highlighted this and pointed out all the ways I promote print in our environment and it wasn't mentioned again. I suspect that because you were unable to talk to her as you were out and she in she didn't get any information about how else you promote it in your setting.
    The problem you do have though is that you can't ignore it now , it's in as a development point as at your next OFSTED the inspector will start with finding evidence that you have achieved the development points recommended in your previous ofsted report.
    I totally disagree with the suggestion that an inspector does not give an outstanding grade unless there is a legality to do so. She/ he should be reported if you have evidence that she has said this! It could be that she genuinely hasn't seen outstanding practise in your area. There has been a huge amount of outstanding grades given in the last couple of years, because a lot of childminders are working really hard to improve their practise and therefore outcomes of the children we care for.
    You are right Flora Dora...inspectors must give whatever grade is appropriate....which in turn is subject to Ofsted Quality Assurance team

At the London OBC in June this was discussed and we told the Ofsted panel that it appears some inspectors say they won't give outstanding and say so.
    the panel did listen to this...no way a Tribal/Prospects inspector can make her/his own rules
    I hope that having been trained by Ofsted itself stops some of these inspectors Making up their own agenda.

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Glad your inspection went well - thank you for the feedback
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Non childminder member
    just an information
    Post Thanks / Like

If children like to go out then it does not have to be for long- and lots of opportunitties to show independence and selfcare! What should we wear in the rain? going to get their own coats/boots, putting on boots by themselves left/right etc, watching rain drops, collecting in buckets etc etc- you might only be out there 10 mins but there is so much you can demonstrate to inspector, see it as an opportunity!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you got the grade you wanted
    I think it was a real cop out by the inspector not staying outside with you - I think I would have insisted she did lol!!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

6. Likes vals liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12