Inconsistent ofsted inspections
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inconsistent ofsted inspections

One for discussion. 2 of my friends who are both excellent childminders in my opinion have had recent ofsted inspections. One was grilled and questioned to within an inch of her life about the eyfs amongst other things. She had lost her safe guarding certificate and was down graded for it. Then my other friend who had an issue with her 1st aid certificate (the more important one in my opinion) wasn't even asked if she had one!!! I am feeling quite disappointed that they can be so inconsistent and that those of us who do keep on top of everything could still have a really bad outcome depending on who arrives on the day. I know there isn't anything I can do but thought it may be interesting to hear others stories???

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Ofsted Big Conversation has been working very hard with Ofsted to try and resolve inconsistencies - Ofsted are aware there is a way to go but things are improving and we are hearing more positive inspection outcomes / feedback as a result of extra training provided for all Tribal / Prospect inspectors.

if there are concerns after inspections it is really important that the complaints process is followed x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lisam6840 View Post
    One for discussion. 2 of my friends who are both excellent childminders in my opinion have had recent ofsted inspections. One was grilled and questioned to within an inch of her life about the eyfs amongst other things. She had lost her safe guarding certificate and was down graded for it. Then my other friend who had an issue with her 1st aid certificate (the more important one in my opinion) wasn't even asked if she had one!!! I am feeling quite disappointed that they can be so inconsistent and that those of us who do keep on top of everything could still have a really bad outcome depending on who arrives on the day. I know there isn't anything I can do but thought it may be interesting to hear others stories???
    I feel your frustration!...don't we all!
    Sarah is right though....OBC has highlighted all the inconsistencies and Ofsted have taken notice and been made accountable
    The good news is that Ofsted itself will now train all the Tribal and Prospects inspector ...what took them so long we may ask?
    This will start in July/August in time for the new Common Inspection Framework in September...so fingers crossed.

If you have any concerns contact your local OBC and there will be a CM representative to take any concerns forward.