another question please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default another question please

Once I have had my registration visit by Ofsted, how long before I can start childminding?
    I have a potential parent interested and her return to work from MAT leave is march.
    I'm just wondering how long long the registration actually takes.
    Thank you in advance..

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I applied to Ofsted at the beginning of November, did have issues with a missing reference but had my pre reg on Thursday (I did chase ofsted every week!) so now just got to wait for my certificate.

Have been told to allow upto 4 weeks but people recently have been getting them in 10 days

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I applied to Ofsted at the beginning on October and I received my certificate middle of December. Think I was lucky as everything happened super quick for me. Certificate took two weeks after the visit. My advice would be to keep chasing Ofsted as a couple of times when I phoned they told me that they were still waiting for things from me which they weren't and once I pointed this out to them each time the process started again!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It amounts to "how long is a piece of string".

I fully understand the frustration and eagerness, but do not make any commitment: either on paper or verbally. If you lead a parent to believe you'll be providing childcare by X-date and then cannot do so, your reputation will be shot before you've even started. And you don't even want to think about the potential legal ramifications.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told by inspector it would take a week for certificate to come through but the inspector then took over a week to send her report to ofsted...I rung them daily and they chased her up so it took about 2.5 weeks, insurance was instant as soon as cert through via phone/internet and then you're ready to start