hi ofsted coming
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hi ofsted coming

ofsted call booked in for next week Thursday and now I thinking what they looking at and what paper work they want to see and also anything just as I want to play with the children and get on with my day as I am more hands on xxxx

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Look at Free Resources above - Free Downloads - Ofsted - in there are preparing for your inspection documents.

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I just put out on my table all my paperwork relating to policies, planning, certificates, insurance documents (car, liability, ICO), first aid kits, accident & medication books, registers for my inspector to look through by herself last week.

All my learning journals are on line, so I downloaded to PDF and saved on memory stick in case the internet went down.

More or less turned my back on her tapping away on her laptop and forgot she was there.

Mine just asked some Safeguarding questions and about my behaviour policy and liked that the children made own choices on what they played with, whether they played inside or out and that they prepared own snack and shared it out.

I let her look round the bedrooms that I use for babies sleeping by herself as I didn't have any babies on the day she came.

Good luck

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sassy80 View Post
    ofsted call booked in for next week Thursday and now I thinking what they looking at and what paper work they want to see and also anything just as I want to play with the children and get on with my day as I am more hands on xxxx
    Give the EYFS a quick read and see if you can tick each requirement as DONE...put that on the table alongside with EYO and DM

The recommended OFSTED factsheets to be aware of are : Conducting Early Years inspections and The Evaluation Schedule for EY inspections...these are recommended to the EY sector as your bible...know them by heart

If you do the SEF send it on time so the inspector reads it...details in that SEF are very useful to the inspector...not just your reflection but the layout of you setting too...have a copy of that on the table...opr anywhere accessible to the inspector.

When she arrives please ask the inspector if she has read your SEF...some inspectors are not doing this and it can be a problem...( it will be reported at OBC)

Last but not least...be yourself...the inspection is based on your 'interaction and teaching' that is what the inspector will observe above all...NOT paperwork
    If the inspector says something that you are not sure about...do challenge her in a professional manner and point to EYFS if she makes requests not part of it.
    If the inspector wants to see your policies she will ask you for them as clearly stated in the Ofsted factsheets

Good luck...you will do well if you believe and are confident in your skills...keep us posted